1. rustyshakelford

OP rustyshakelford GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi everyone. Here is my previous thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-bo...lder-triforce-edition-3ds-and-have-so.524611/

I have a 32GB SD card that I want to upgrade for my nephew. He currently has the 8GB still. How do I go about doing this? It's not as simple as copy and pasting the 8GB SD card to the new 32GB card right? If there is a vid you can point me to or if it's better to just post simple instructions here that would be fine. I will be seeing him tomorrow so I will have his 3DS then.

According to this vid, it is as simple as copying everything from the old card to the new one

Is that accurate?

Last edited by rustyshakelford, Jan 12, 2020
  2. IC_

IC_ GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    It's as simple as copying and pasting the old SD card to the new SD card but make sure the new SD card is formatted as fat32

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

United States
    I haven't been doing too much 3DS stuff lately, but what I did was: used Easus, cloned my 32gb MSD to a 64gb and then expanded the storage. I guess there are better options, but I was scared of using other methods (did the dangerous OTP-less hax and didn't want to roll the dice.)

I'm pretty sure you m i g h t be able to corpus/pasata the files, if your computer has the space.

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    i just copy and pasted from one card to my computer then to the other card. make sure it's fat32 has
    Extrasklep said

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  5. rustyshakelford

OP rustyshakelford GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh wow. That's good news! Thanks for the quick replies. I could have swore that I was told I needed to put a new ticket or something on the new SD card but so glad it's just a copy and paste. I will make sure to format it right.

**EDIT** Everything worked. Thanks.

Last edited by rustyshakelford, Jan 13, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - bigger, steps,