Hardware I need to make sure that my build will work.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Consider going all out on cooling your pc. Liquid cooling is worth it because you can carry it on any build. It will work until it won't. It's one of those thing that you don't need until you need it...

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
holy mother of wtf builds, wtf is this?
  • CPU: at the current state I would not go with Intel, terrible value for the money compared to what AMD has been pushing out lately. Which also means a motherboard swap. Currently I would advice at least a B450 chipset with an AMD unless you want to go overpriced, or wait for B550.

• GPU: that kind of budget(?) and you go for a 2060 super?

• RAM: 128Gigs? unless you're going for massive productivity, this is absolute unnecessary, not to mention that the timings on those are terrible. Again, going with an AMD higher end cpu and pairing it with CL16 (or lower) @ 3200~3600mhz will be a charm.

• BD-Drives: there's something i haven't seen in a long time, even if you plan on chucking your seasons of anime in it, why have 3 of them? just swap the discs, this is just stuffing the case for a pointless reason.

• CPU Cooler: liquid as Magsor said is very overrated and the statement that it can carry over on any build is moot, you can say that about any cooler. If you get a proper aircooling one (be quiet dark rock (pro) for example, considering budget isn't an issue?) you'll be more than fine.

• Why 2 thermal pastes? how much do you plan to use? you just need a small drop on the cpu, that's it.

• Storage: why on earth those SSD's? Get a NAS, get a small SSD for your OS and some main programs, get a big SSD or NVMe for your games and other crap. Those 2 are just very pricey because of their storage size, but hardly worth it.

This build made me sad.

Last edited by DBlaze,

twindtrout9783

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • GPU: that kind of budget(?) and you go for a 2060 super?
    Right now, I don't have a budget. (I've been using the "infinite" mind space. (That happens to be under 5000 dollars, because I'll be saving up for a long time if that number goes any higher.))

• RAM: 128Gigs? unless you're going for massive productivity, this is absolute unnecessary, not to mention that the timings on those are terrible. Again, going with an AMD higher end cpu and pairing it with CL16 (or lower) @ 3200~3600mhz will be a charm.
  • More RAM tends to be better than faster RAM.
  • BD-Drives: there's something i haven't seen in a long time, even if you plan on chucking your seasons of anime in it, why have 3 of them? just swap the discs, this is just stuffing the case for a pointless reason.
  • I can get very create with what I do sometimes. (And that's all I can say in reply.)
  • CPU Cooler: liquid as Magsor said is very overrated and the statement that it can carry over on any build is moot, you can say that about any cooler. If you get a proper aircooling one (be quiet dark rock (pro) for example, considering budget isn't an issue?) you'll be more than fine.
    I don't care if my fans sound like jet engines. (Considering that my computer already sounds like it. (And that it's like ambience to me))
  • Why 2 thermal pastes? how much do you plan to use? you just need a small drop on the cpu, that's it.
  • I know how much to use. I have more than one computer. (Extra 7 to be exact. All of which need new thermal paste.)
  • Storage: why on earth those SSD's? Get a NAS, get a small SSD for your OS and some main programs, get a big SSD or NVMe for your games and other crap. Those 2 are just very pricey because of their storage size, but hardly worth it.
    One for my current OS, and one for my grandpa's OS. Both of which are on old HDDs. (My old OS is on an 8+ year HDD, but I'm not ever going to revive it, considering that I did something to it and now it boots to an empty, black, screen. All I currently use it for is to get some of my old files off of it now and then.)
This build made me sad.
Like I said before, I'm better with software than hardware. Why do you think I made this thread?

Last edited by twindtrout9783,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay