I need to connect my controller to my pc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by tagzard, Aug 27, 2011.

1. tagzard
    OP

tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    Okay so i bought a plug and charge kit and i want to connect my controller to my pc so i can us it while using dolphin emulator. I downloaded this. and xpadder on my laptop. Also it is a wireless controller using the plug n charge. Anyway when i plug it in my laptop it installs it but when i open the program that came with the link it didn't read it!!! And neither does xpadder. What is this and how do i fix it?

2. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    I'm pretty sure you still need an extra peripheral when using a Wireless Controller, Plug and Charge just won't do. Wired controllers, on the other hand, work just fine also.

EDIT:
    Unfortunately this won't work. The Play and Charge kit only connects up to the actual battery. The controller still connects over wireless.

You'd need either a wired Xbox 360 controller, or a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver which will connect to your existing wireless controller.[/p]
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...dd-ccbe28d58d13

3. tagzard
    OP

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    SO i bought the plug n play charge kit just to use for my emulators!!! And i can't do it? All it does is charge? I can't use any emulators with it?

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Correct.

5. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    It's a charge kit and that's all. If you want to play on your PC then buy a Wired Xbox 360 controller (they can be third party since I use a GameStop branded 360 controller) or you'd have to buy this Receiver he speaks of.

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    ^that

on top of that ms doesnt make the connectors/adapters anymore so they are a bit hard to find
    there are knockoffs out there also that should work

7. tagzard
    OP

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    That sucks. But lets look at this on the positive side. I don't have to waste 20 bucks every 3 months for new batteries.