I need to connect my controller to my pc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by tagzard, Aug 27, 2011.

Aug 27, 2011
  1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Okay so i bought a plug and charge kit and i want to connect my controller to my pc so i can us it while using dolphin emulator. I downloaded this. and xpadder on my laptop. Also it is a wireless controller using the plug n charge. Anyway when i plug it in my laptop it installs it but when i open the program that came with the link it didn't read it!!! And neither does xpadder. What is this and how do i fix it?

2. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    I'm pretty sure you still need an extra peripheral when using a Wireless Controller, Plug and Charge just won't do. Wired controllers, on the other hand, work just fine also.

EDIT:
    Unfortunately this won't work. The Play and Charge kit only connects up to the actual battery. The controller still connects over wireless.

You'd need either a wired Xbox 360 controller, or a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver which will connect to your existing wireless controller.[/p]
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...dd-ccbe28d58d13

3. tagzard
    OP

United States
    SO i bought the plug n play charge kit just to use for my emulators!!! And i can't do it? All it does is charge? I can't use any emulators with it?

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Correct.

5. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It's a charge kit and that's all. If you want to play on your PC then buy a Wired Xbox 360 controller (they can be third party since I use a GameStop branded 360 controller) or you'd have to buy this Receiver he speaks of.

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    ^that

on top of that ms doesnt make the connectors/adapters anymore so they are a bit hard to find
    there are knockoffs out there also that should work

7. tagzard
    OP

United States
    That sucks. But lets look at this on the positive side. I don't have to waste 20 bucks every 3 months for new batteries.