I need to change my french HeartGold sav file to english!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Pheinte, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pheinte
    OP

Member Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    So, before I started playing Pokémon HeartGold in my genuine uk cart, I decided to start my game in a flashcart using a french HeartGold rom, so I could use an accent in my trainer's name.
    After that I transfered the save I had just created to my genuine uk HeartGold cart (using SaveDongle), and continued playing my game in english...

Yesterday I tried transfering pokémons from my HeartGold to my Black, but it didn't work!
    I did some google search, and found out that poké tranfer does not let pokémons from different game languages to be transfered.
    Both HeartGold and Black are english, but my HeartGold save file was originally created using a french rom, and that's causing this problem!

So basically what I need is to convert my french HeartGold save file to english.
    No matter how many times I save my game using an english HeartGold cart, it will still be a french save file! (when I go to wifi room it even says "bonjour" instead of "hello"!)

Is it possible? With a action replay code maybe??
    I don't want start HeartGold all over again and lose everything I did till now...

Thanks in advance.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Use a combination of Pokegen and this...
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/285318-sendtake-pkm-files-tofrom-retail-games/

To transfer pokemon around between your retail and flash cart?

3. Pheinte
    OP

Member Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I already knew that, no thanks.

I just want to turn my french save file into english!

4. dicamarques

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    well you could create a new save and edit the save by copying all the pkmns from the old save.

5. Ykr1113

Member Ykr1113 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't need to just load the save file on the English ROM, If you want to edit your Pokemon to english just use pokegen.