Hacking I need suggestions for "saving" this SD card..

Ketsujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys.

I've got a SanDisk 8GB MicroSD card that somehow ended up getting corrupted.

It had all my save data and everything on it--and I stupidly didn't make a SAV file backup.

Honestly, I've tried about everything I can think of to recover the files off of it, but try as I might, my computer will never read it.

"Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (G:)"

Unfortunately, since my computer doesn't even DETECT it, I can't go in and reformat it. I've tried detecting it with the Panasonic SD Formatter

I've tried different ports on my laptop, as have I tried using a digital camera as the reader--I've tried on my desktop as well, so the fault lies purely with the SD card.

It isn't the reader that's at fault--I'm using an old reader that came with an original R4 card a long time ago. I know it's not the reader because it effortlessly picks up my 4GB SanDisk MicroSD card that I used before buying the 8GB.

At the moment, I don't even care about saving the files that are on it--but I'm strapped for cash right now, and since I need to either fix this card or invest in a second one, I'd much rather find a way to reformat my current card.

Do you guys think that it's fixable? I've searched all across the net to try and find ways to salvage the thing, but I haven't had much luck. I figure it's about time that I bother you guys with the question--can't really think of a better place to ask this. *Laughs*

Any insight would be greatly appreciated--I'll test out your suggestions ASAP.

Ketsujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Do you have a mobile or any other gadget that uses MicroSD?
Nah, not to my knowledge--my phone's ancient.

I've got devices that support full-sized SD cards, but nothing that has a direct port for MicroSD's.

Ketsujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Ketsujo said:
Zorua said:
Do you have a microSD -> SD adapter?
Yeah, I do--that's what I used to try detecting it through my camera. No luck there.

Thanks for the insight by the way, Zorua.

Well then, try the suggestions posted here.
Thanks again, I'll post back after I do.

I really appreciate it. @_@

Z

Zorua

Ketsujo said:
Zorua said:
Ketsujo said:
Zorua said:
Do you have a microSD -> SD adapter?
Yeah, I do--that's what I used to try detecting it through my camera. No luck there.

Thanks for the insight by the way, Zorua.

Well then, try the suggestions posted here.
Thanks again, I'll post back after I do.

I really appreciate it. @_@

No problem!
smile.gif

Ketsujo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I owe you one, Zorua.

Disk Manager wasn't able to detect the card through my USB reader, but I tried the SD adapter, and by a stroke of fortune, it picked it up.

When I tried to reformat it my windows all became unresponsive--but after I restarted, with a bit of freezing troubles I was able to get it reformatted. (Couldn't save my data, but I'm fine with that.)

Works perfectly again. I'm really happy I was able to save it. Thanks for all your help. n_n

Z

Zorua

Ketsujo said:
I owe you one, Zorua.

Disk Manager wasn't able to detect the card through my USB reader, but I tried the SD adapter, and by a stroke of fortune, it picked it up.

When I tried to reformat it my windows all became unresponsive--but after I restarted, with a bit of freezing troubles I was able to get it reformatted. (Couldn't save my data, but I'm fine with that.)

Works perfectly again. I'm really happy I was able to save it. Thanks for all your help. n_n

I didn't really do anything much, but yeah I'm glad that it works again!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all