Hacking I need some updating to do and can't find an answer

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I wanna use the microphone in Rockband the Beatles so I need to update cios rev10 to rev14, can't find any update guide! is this too simple that it doesn't need a guide?? I don't know if I need to use the hermes thing also.

I followed a guide back in may and it said I had to install cioscorp but everyone says it's bad, can uninstall it? does it affect the cios rev14 I wanna use??

please help me
unsure.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
get rev14

put folder in sd/apps/

rename the .dol file to boot.dol...

now you have cIOS rev 14 on you homebrew

you forgot the main step INSTALL IT, but hopefully u didnt need to know that step
edit: ok looks like u need to know that then. goto HBC and run it from there, choose online install, otherwise u need the ios wad in your SD root if youre doing offline install , and let it run

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
make a folder in the APPS folder and put the boot.dol of rev14 in the new folder, name it newcios or something. goto homebrew chan, run newcios or w/e u named it. You should have a few options leave it all alone and go thru with install, if u have internet use network install, if u dont then u need to find ios38-64-3610.wad and put it in the root of your sd card and choose wad install. let it run and viola

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok, should I go and install the hermes thing also? I've that's also required sfor some new games- thanks for that great explanation!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
I got an error! (-1) press any button to restart

Because you likely tried to do a wad installation instead of a network installation and didn't have the wad on your sd card. If you have Wifi, you should select IOS249 in the first prompt and then network installation instead of wad installation.

If you don't have wifi, you need to get that wad mentioned above first.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok let me try again, does it matter if i got cioscorp installed before or some thing that my mess with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."