I need some photo software

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by VashTS, Apr 17, 2011.

Apr 17, 2011

I need some photo software by VashTS at 6:18 AM (471 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    I have gimp, and photoshop is too complicated for me. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some easy to use software to create professional looking photos like for family portraits. I was thinking about using a green screen maybe for backdrops. It can be freeware or paid software I just need some ideas of what is good and easy. I am a terrible artist and I hate using photo manipulation software.

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Easy to use? I would say Paint.NET. For me I find it very easy to use. It has a magic wand tool, so you can select and remove a green screen, and there are plenty of plugins for it to get the effect you want. I find it easier to use than GIMP, I can't say anything about photoshop though, as I don't use it. Best of all, it's free!

http://www.getpaint.net/

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Photoshop.

Figure out what you want to do, then look up tutorials on how to do it. Once you get accustomed to it, you'll be all set.
    And don't be afraid to move the layout around a bit. I prefer a more 'classic' layout to my Photoshop:
    [​IMG]
    Usually I keep the Animation window minimized, and the whole program maximized. Keeps everything I use frequently 'at hand' without clutter of stuff I don't use.
    The "Painting" layout is similar to the one I use if you're interested.

4. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    you can try Aperture 3 if you have a mac. i've never used it being as i don't have a mac, but i hear its very easy to use. i have the cs5 master collection so i typically use photoshop for my photo editing needs. i've also heard that paint.net is easy to use as person66 mention above.