I need some people that use Desura to help me

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Ron, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Ron
    OP

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    I'm writing a tool in Python that will help manage a Desura library, such as batch installing games and automatically adding them as a non-Steam game.

Eventually I'll be writing the UI in PyQt, since I'm writing this to learn PyQt in the first place for Snowflake, but I want to see if my code works first across many Desura accounts.

This should find all the games you have installed currently on Desura, mods excluded, and it should also get a list of all the games you own on Desura. Private Desura profiles aren't supported.

Just run it, it'll ask you for your Desura username, and it will generate and open an HTML file that shows all the games that you own and have installed. You just have to confirm that there aren't any games missing, i.e. all games you own are there, and all games you have currently installed are listed

Here's an Example output HTML file. The icons are broken in the installed games since it uses file:/// urls to get the cached icons from your Desura cache folder.

Thanks a lot :)
    Download here
    Source code here