I need some help with my WII console.

SONIC122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CTGP running on my wii like it is official nintendo software. the only things wrong are that it gets stuck on the starting screen when i try to install the app to my dashboard. and 2, I cant get my custom character to work right. i have my stuff turned on and i think it has to do with how i have it in the SD card, tho the file is in the my stuff. idk why it isnt working for either of these. my guess for the my stuff is that i need to have it installed to the wii, but it is getting stuck like i said. please help. p.s. im running ctgp through LetterBomb

about my console:
firmware:4.3u
console type: original with gamecube support
color:black
manufacture date:2006
loading CTGP via:sd card 16GB
sorry i dont know if any of this helps, if more info is needed ill put it in sorry.

Last edited by SONIC122,
Reactions: PJREZ

PJREZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about it but here's my top three concerns

Make sure everything is formatted to fat32 obviously.
Are you using an official disk? You said " running on my wii like it is official nintendo software" what does that mean?
Did you use https://www.chadsoft.co.uk/ or a video tutorial?

Make sure your disk works good too

Reactions: x65943

SONIC122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about it but here's my top three concerns

Make sure everything is formatted to fat32 obviously.
Are you using an official disk? You said " running on my wii like it is official nintendo software" what does that mean?
Did you use (i had to get rid of the URL sorry) or a video tutorial?

Make sure your disk works good too
all of this is correct. what i meant by official nintendo software is that it is running perfectly, ex: like nintendo official software. i used the chadsoft website and downloaded it. i tried other methods of fixing the install freeze and none of them work. its really annoying but the 200 tracks are really fun

Reactions: PJREZ

PJREZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of this is correct. what i meant by official nintendo software is that it is running perfectly, ex: like nintendo official software. i used the chadsoft website and downloaded it. i tried other methods of fixing the install freeze and none of them work. its really annoying but the 200 tracks are really fun
Are you sure it's not your disk dirty causing it to crash?

PJREZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patcher? sry i am new and dont know all the vocab to hacking,
No worries, we all start somewhere :O)

I'm pretty sure the channel is the patch, cause it uses the disc and the files to patch together the whole game.

think of it like a quilt, how every piece ultimately turns into something big. Hope that explains it lol

SONIC122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, we all start somewhere :O)

I'm pretty sure the channel is the patch, cause it uses the disc and the files to patch together the whole game.

think of it like a quilt, how every piece ultimately turns into something big. Hope that explains it lol
ah right, so do i re download the files to my SD card from new is that what you are saying by re install it?

SONIC122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install cios. Perhaps that could be an issue
well the thing about the letterbomb method, is if done the way i did it witch is the recommended way, it boots from the message board like normal, but doesnt take you to install the homebrew channel it takes you directly to CTGP

PJREZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the thing about the letterbomb method, is if done the way i did it witch is the recommended way, it boots from the message board like normal, but doesnt take you to install the homebrew channel it takes you directly to CTGP
So you use letterbomb to load ctpg? why not just install hbc. If it doesn't work with letterbomb use str2hax

SONIC122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you use letterbomb to load ctpg? why not just install hbc. If it doesn't work with letterbomb use str2hax
again, i tried the HBC and nothing would load correctly. and the tutorials did it the LB way so that is what i did. when i tried the HBC CTGP wouldn't show up in the apps list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all