I need major help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nintendojii, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

I need major help... by nintendojii at 4:41 AM (646 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. nintendojii
    OP

Newcomer nintendojii Member

United States
    My USB Loader(s) are not working for me... (USB Loader GX & Configurable USB Loader)
    I think it's my hard drive(iomega Prestige Desktop Hard Drive - 500GB) causing all the problems
    Sometimes the loader doesn't even recognize my hard drive
    Whenever I play games like SSBB, Mario Kart, or FFCC: Echoes of Time, the game just freezes and my wiimote or GC controller just stop working
    Games like Wario Land Shake It work just fine
    I read all over the internet for a solution but was unsuccessful
    I downloaded a ton of IOSs through the WAD Manager beacause I thought it would stop the freezing problem
    Is there an IOS i am missing to stop the games from freezing
    I want to know if it is a good idea to erase all the IOSs through AnyTitleDeleter or by formating my wii
    Will that brick my Wii?
    If I do erase all the IOSs or format my Wii, do I have to go trough the twilight hack and homebrew channel stuff to softmod my Wii?

Thanks a bunch to whoever helps...

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    eew dont go installing IOS's or removing them, you'll brick doing that, Two things you got to worry about, One is your Hard Drive Compat, second what Rev CIOS are you using, i'd say its most likely your Hard Drive giving you the problem, But whatever you do dont go uninstalling your IOS's

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    nah, it is your hard drive. i had the same problem with one of mine. controllers not working/crapping out suddenly, random freezes.

Got a new one and it worked flawlessly.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    "I want to know if it is a good idea to erase all the IOSs through AnyTitleDeleter or by formating my wii"

On the contrary I don't think it is feasibly possible to have a worse idea.

You shouldn't be messing around with installing individual IOS's in the first place if you don't know what you're doing with them.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Try following that guide to properly update to 4.0 with everything intact. If you don't have any cIOS installed already then follow the offline guide up to step 10 and then do the online guide (skip the first step, the offline guide will have you install rev10 which should be good enough.) If things still don't work after that the it's probably your hard drive.

And just to stress it more:

DO NOT DELETE ANY IOS. DO NOT THINK OF "STARTING FRESH".

You will only succeed in bricking your Wii trying to do either without knowing how things work.