Hacking I need instructions on how to update my ndstt card to work with 1.4.3

frechettegirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if I could get instructions on how to update my ndstt card. This card was given to my daughter from my brother from a friend so I don't have the knowledge of how to update it. A few months a go I decided to log on to the internet which updated her dsi xl and the card hasn't worked since. I've read so many posts, but am completely confused.
My next question is once the card is updated do I have to reload the games or will they stay on and work?
Any tutorials or step by step instructions on how to do this would be awesome!
Thank you :-)

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LINK to the actual update files. You need a DS that that card already works on to be able to run the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file. Games will be fine during and after the upgrade. There's no need to delete them during the update process.
1) Put the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file at the root of the micro sd card, along with the three .dat files. Ignore the "TTicheck.nds" file, as well as the "how to use.txt" file (don't add them to the micro sd card, they're not needed)
2) Place the micro sd card into the DSTTi card
3) Boot up the DSi
4) Highlight the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file and press the "A" button. This will initiate the upgrade process. :)
5) Follow the instructions on the screen of your DSi, which clearly say press either this button to start update or press this button to cancel update.

Most importantly, DO NOT TURN THE DS OFF UNTIL IT SAYS "SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED."

frechettegirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LINK to the actual update files. You need a DS that that card already works on to be able to run the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file. Games will be fine during and after the upgrade. There's no need to delete them during the update process.
1) Put the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file at the root of the micro sd card, along with the three .dat files. Ignore the "TTicheck.nds" file, as well as the "how to use.txt" file (don't add them to the micro sd card, they're not needed)
3) Boot up the DSi
4) Highlight the "TTUPGRADE143.nds" file and press the "A" button. This will initiate the upgrade process. :)
5) Follow the instructions on the screen of your DSi, which clearly say press either this button to start update or press this button to cancel update.

Thank you so much!

Will I do all the steps listed above using another DS? Can it damage a DS?

And will it cause the other DS to update to 1.4.3? I want to make sure since I'll be using my nephews and boy will he be mad if I screw his up.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
3) Boot up the DSi

Thank you so much!

Will I do all the steps listed above using another DS? Can it damage a DS?

And will it cause the other DS to update to 1.4.3? I want to make sure since I'll be using my nephews and boy will he be mad if I screw his up.

For the bolded part: Yes, always best to borrow a neighbour's DS.

Edit: Well, it won't damage the DS but could damage the card. The card has a built in memory that the flashcard maker updates and put new code to make it run again on newer system firmwares. If during this update process the DS is shutdown, the data is not recorded to the card which could potentially make it nonfunctional. Hope that helps.

Second edit: "And will it cause the other DS to update to 1.4.3? I want to make sure since I'll be using my nephews and boy will he be mad if I screw his up."

Nope, nothing will happen to the other DS, 1.4.3 is a firmware update by Nintendo for the system. This is a flashcard firmware, so we are updating the flashcard and not the DS.

frechettegirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I just did the update and it worked!!! I do have a quick question do I have to do anything with the Rom files besides loading them to the micro card? Thank you so much!!!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I just did the update and it worked!!! I do have a quick question do I have to do anything with the Rom files besides loading them to the micro card? Thank you so much!!!
No, just put the rom files into a folder on the Micro sd card to make it organised. Create the folder and call it whatever, my folder is "DS Games." I'm glad it worked. You can take the .dat files and the one upgrade file off your micro sd card. :D

frechettegirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up leaving the upgrade file on the card of course my daughter clicked on it today and said what is this...... Thanks for letting me know I can remove it once the card works

Reactions: 1 person

Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsfans.de.vu
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Errrrr... Hi out there!

I own a DSTTi card - got the 1.43 upgrade - checked if I have a real card (yes its green and says REAL) - clicked on update and it gets green again and tells "No Need Upgrade"... -.-

...but it still doesn't load on DSi... >.<

Someone an idea what to do to get it working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs