I need help with WiiClip, im a noob!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gettfo, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008
  1. gettfo
    OP

Newcomer gettfo Member

United States
    Well I wanted to mod my wii, and saw that the wii clip is by far the easiest one. I get confused and do not know what "wii clip v1" etc. are, and just want a basic one that will work. On wii tracker, I get this:

I will need a site that accepts paypal, or a cc. Moneybookers is a no no for me

I also need the programmer, and if the site to buy it from had the screwdriver to open it up, it would be great. Thanks in advanced, gettfo.

[​IMG]

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    sounds like you've got a first-gen wii system and can use something as simple as a wiikey (which you would use with the wiiclip v3) or something newer like a d2pro with the 1.1b bios (and a wiiclip v4).

3. gettfo
    OP

Newcomer gettfo Member

United States
    You are speaking chinese to me right now.. I have no idea what you said

[​IMG]

4. Chinman

Member Chinman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    there is a high probability that you have a wii that only needs a basic chip like a wiikey, so you do not need to spend extra money on a wiiclip. there is an easy way to tell. did your wii sports come in white dvd case or a cardboard sleeve. if its a dvd case then you probably only need to get a wiikey

5. Yukito

Newcomer Yukito Advanced Member

France
    Yeah but he said himself that he is a noob so I don't think he can solder a wiikey on his wii, so yeah the easiest way for him is to get a Wiiclip V3 with a wiikey soldered on, he'll just have to open his wii and clip it, you can get one with the triwing screwdriver at ozmodchips, that's where I got mine

6. vivienne

Newcomer vivienne Member

Australia
  7. gettfo
    OP

Newcomer gettfo Member

United States
    My wii sports came in a sleeve

8. gettfo
    OP

Newcomer gettfo Member

United States
  9. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    So you problably have D2C. Wiikey don't fit.

You solder the chip to PANASONIC drive chipset, or some soldering points. Problem is that, Nintendo released new drives without two legs of chip. These legs was of course these that you soldered chip. New chip like D2CKey will fit in it. BUT there is even never chipset codenamed D2C2 that even D2Ckey don't fit. I mean, you can solder it but it just won't work.

Grammar in this post is completely terrible I know [​IMG]

10. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    also, your information is incorrect. everyone here needs to do a bit more research before attempting to be helpful, especially when the information that they're providing is not correct.

the last batch of D2B chips (which shipped with systems last june) had 3 of the leads cropped on the chip itself. this required you to either remove a portion of the chip's enamel packaging and solder wires directly to the lines within the chip or attempt to re-build them yourself (a daunting task for those without the proper tools). additionally, he's already specified that he has an older wii with either a DMS or D2B chipset, so the D2Ckey wouldn't work here (however, an original wiikey or a D2Pro would as I've already specified in the 2nd post in this thread).