Hardware i need help with system transfer 3ds to n3ds

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as title says I need help. I want to safely transfer my old 3ds data to my new 3ds data without losing anything from my old 3ds or having my n3ds updated. my old 3ds is 9.2.0 and is linked to my nnid but my n3ds is in 9.0 and has never been connected to the internet. I have heard that doing a transfer deletes the data of the old 3ds, don't know if its true or not but I want to have 2 3ds with the same save for retail games like smash and since I have retail downloads I would like to use the saves on both 3ds's. assume im a gateway user also and I don't want to update at least not passed 9.2. thanks in advance.

p.s I don't have any important saves on my n3ds and I have only played omega ruby and ocarina of time wich both have the same saves on my old 3ds

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a way to do that unfortunately?

To do a transfer both systems need to be on the highest current firmware, and when you do the transfer, your old 3DS gets formatted. Technically you could back up the system eMMC and restore it but I think when your NNID gets transfer over your download games get linked to the new system's ID. You won't be able to use e-shop or update games I assume with the old system if you restored it because your NNID no longer is associated with that 3DS. I think you might be able to still run them?? Not sure but if your system even opens eshop or the like it might just delete them or something (I don't know sorry, never tried it).

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible.

The N3DS needs to be connected to the internet to download the tickets for your eShop data. I think the game (Smash for example) would work fine on both regardless?

Best you could do is call Nintendo and ask them to do a system transfer for you, they'd need your old serial number, new serial number, and NNID linked to the old console. Tell them that you had to trade in the old console for the new one and couldn't do a system transfer. You'd keep your data on the old console as long as it doesn't connect to the internet, but you'd have to update your N3DS to download anything.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once you transfer to the new 3ds you won't be able to transfer back to any regular 3ds only other n3ds units so if you have more then one regular 3ds you might want to think twice before a transfer as you will never be able to play any of your purchased digital games on your old 3ds. Hurray for physical media, and this is why I only buy phisical and use a flashcart for digital convenience.

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is it

possible to do that with eshop cia apps
is that a question? just go at your SD card, tap Ctrl+F, and type ".SAV" in the search box, or you can manually search in every folder in your SDcard for .sav files, they usually are something like "000000.sav" try doing so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr