I need help with RB2 guitar and drums sync - driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by profitone, Oct 1, 2009.

1. profitone
    OP

Newcomer profitone Newbie

United States
    I just got a new in sealed box RB2 band kit for my modded wii (got RB2 from ebay)-- I dont have a physical disc but i have RB2+ GH2 on my backup harddrive-- (so i have no way to test if it works with an actual cd)
    Ive tried for hours to get the drums and or guitar to sync wirelessly and they just wont go---- I even called RB and they couldnt help me and couldnt do any RMA due to me purchasing from ebay--
    I doubt the instrument or USB dongles are defective because what are the odds of getting 2 defective components in one new kit--

Is there a known fix or workaround for this issue? Im pretty sure this is a mod/backup issue based on the above factors---

Im on CIOS rev 14, IOS249 -using usbloadergx or neogamma- Im not having any issues with the wii locking up-- just sync issues -- its the harmonix fender and the RB2 drums- tried replacing batteries, inserting usb directly into wii, inserting into usb hub, hitting sync buttons a zillion times-- all i get is solid lights on both the usb sender and the instrument but no light signalling that the device is actually connected to #1-#4 slots--neither device will work independently or together-

Thanks for any help!

2. profitone
    OP

United States
    anyone ??

3. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States

They will never sync via 249. You need to install Hermes 223 (merge with 37), and set your loader to use it (as 249 doesn't handle USB accessories such as these properly). Then you're golden! Cheers.

Also, for those who didn't know, if you lose your dongle, you can use any old USB hub... that's what I did, now I've got 2 mics and the drums hooked up w/o issue (using GH guitars, so no dongle needed there).

4. profitone
    OP

United States
    thanks- that did it-- i used the following instructions

unfortunately- my usb loader gx now locks up at load --

i loaded the configurable usb loader and used 222mload and all now works and syncs including gh5, rb beatles, rb2--

looks like im sticking with configurable usb loader now...

5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out. It will also work fine through Wiiflow 1.0 and NeoGamma using the individual game settings. I forgot to tell you to choose mload if running via CFG Loader. Also, I'm surprised GX locks up... does this happen to anybody else out there?

6. profitone
    OP

United States
    Should GH3 and GHWT work with the wii RB2 guitar and drums? Mine dont seem to sync up?

7. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    rb2 drums should but the guitar shouldnt

8. profitone
    OP

United States

i cant seem to get the drums (or guitar) to sync up with GHWT? Tried multiple times-- ive gotten the sync light to appear synced to channel 3 but when i go into the game it doesnt show up-- drums are working fine for RB products now (and gh5).. any suggestions on a fix? id be happy if just the drums worked as Ive got a gh3 guitar that works...

9. mischievo

Newcomer mischievo Member

United States
    You can't use RB/RB2 instruments with GH games, with the exception of GH5.