Hacking I need help with Project M, it's driving me insane!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to get project M for me and a friend to work,(we are both using hacked wii's) we both have broken disc drives so we are using an ISO on USB loader GX.

So I guess I am just going to go with the dolphin method because it seems like the easiest, but NOTHING is working. I got a program called Build_ISO from here.(a thread I found with the build_ISO also had some other files, but were full of malware.)

So I tried using my ISO with it, and it said I was missing a patch loader file. Ok, so I looked around the internet and after about an hour of nothing, I finally found one, moved it to the folder with project M and the ISO, and it STILL says that the patcher file is missing.

I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't understand why this simple thing isn't working. Iv'e tried it on my wii, PC, everything. I would prefer the dolphin method because then that way I could play with my friend online, as nothing seems to ever work anyway.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, i never had any issues running project m with cheats on from usblgx after my dd took a shart just made sure the cheats and all that were on the sd and never had an issue

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Build ISO isn't necessary. The method I use (which I consider relatively easy) is I download PM from the website, (the "homebrew" pack, obviously) put it all on my SD Card, (2GB or less) and then load my Super Smash Bros Brawl ISO from my USB Drive with cheats enabled. This will automatically load up Project M. Oh, keep in mind though, that because PM has such a large cheat file, most USB Loaders won't load it right. What I use is CFG USB Loader and it works great!
You can find it here: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/usb/configurable-usb-loader

PM me if you have any more questions.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can get project M to work, but I still need a brawl disc. I have an ISO of my disc but..

So first I read that having ANYTHING else on the SD card can cause issues, so I formatted it, putting ONLY the project M files on it, it works, but like I said, no disc, so it just returns me to the wii menu...

I tried to go into my brawl ISO using USB loader GX, nothing happened(Went into the stage builder)

USB loader GX DOES have a cheat option(ocarina) but it says there's no cheats, so it prompts me to download a cheat file, and it says it can't initilize the network.

I am running out of ideas. I don't know what else I can do. Iv'e tried every goddamn thing and it still won't work for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh