Hacking I need help with my RROD Xbox 360

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it also include how to flash using the method i'm doing? i have seen somewhere someone using slax to get the xbox into modeb, might try that way, oh boy i wish i had not lost everything to do all this, i had a guide that i can't find no more, with someone flashing the hitachi drive in under 5mins, he just attached the drive to the sata on the pc, the power still in the xbox and then i can't remember what next?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
As much as I appreciate what Dinohscene does on this forum for the Xbox 360 hacking scene. I would ask you to PM a user instead of creating a thread.

I'm going to keep this thread up, but change the title to reflect the question being asked, because I think there's some good info here that can be used by others that search for it.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got a Hitachi 79 then I suggest just getting a 360 USBPro v2

You could check out ebay.
They might be cheaper there.

It's not only way easier but also far more reliable then the "xbox power PC sata" way

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok update, i have now flashed my hitachi drive, using the slax cd way to get it into mode b, just backed up my origional left 4 dead 2, which was a xgd2 and it works perfect, i tried to backup my need for speed the run which is a xgd3 and it loaded then just froze? dunno if i set img burn up right, but oh well error and trial i guess. thanks for everyone, and my superhero DinohScene lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye even sweeter!

Humm....
XGD3 should be writable with an hacked iHAS drive or one that supports the Burner Max payload tool ;]

And no problem~
Glad it works.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm using a liteon IHAS drive which is supported with burner max, i just think i need to tweak my img burn when burning, i just tried need for speed most wanted and that won't even load up at all, unrecognised disc is what i'm getting on that, and that one's only a xgd2, so i am going to have to write down what settings i have for the different games, looks like i am going to have to go research on the net and find out what works for others and try, just that it costs for the discs.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thats the third disc i have messed up, i have been online looking for good settings to burn xgd2 and xgd3 for image burn i have made 2 games work, need for speed hot pursuit and left 4 dead 2, my need for speed the run did not, and my need for speed most wanted did not, the first most wanted finished burning just would not be recognised in the xbox, so i changed some settings and tried to burn again and this time gave me a error at 50%, i think i am going to have to set the defaults back in img burn and try something else.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reboot your PC and don't open anything but IMGBurn.
Then burn the ISO to the disc.

You sure you have them checked with ABGX?
OPC disabled at 2.4x write speed?

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i managed to get my most wanted backed up, the problem i'm having is all these different tutorials about the same topic of setting img burn to burn xgd2 and xgd3 and everyone else as got different steps in it, so i get confused to which is right? now this topic is going into a burn xbox games, so i might have to start another topic or join one that already exists.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Humm..
XGD2 is basically just checking your game with ABGX, loading the dvd file in IMBurn and burn it at 2.4x on a Verbatim DVD...

XGD3 is basically is the same but with a hacked drive ;p

And old xbox games don't work in LT+ iirc ;o

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh a hacked IHAS drive in the pc? mine is a liteon not sure of the numbers, but i think it's compatable, never flashed it though, is that what i should do?

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just checked my drive to the list and mine is good, i have used burner max earlier and it worked just fine, then i tried to backup my need for speed the run and everything went great, just when i loaded it up in the xbox after it say's press start the loading froze, so maybe it was just a bad burn, i tried to put the write speed to 2.4 but it keeps bumping it back to 4, i am going to try and order some verbatim disc over the next weekend, i have been using memorex and i know people have said that those are no good but i have done three working games with them now.

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, i know the memorex are cheap, but hey i have a few backups working, just wanted to make sure i could make the backups before commiting to the verbatim's, i did use these all the time when i lived in the UK, so now i am going to order some online, for the weekend.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahaha aye aye
Well there's nothing wrong with memorex tho.
Mate of mine used Arita discs whilst I strongly advised against to but he made successful burns.

XGD3 however should always be burnt on a Verbatim one tho.
You could modify the original LT Max firmware to use others but they got cheaper dye and the edges of the disc are usually smudgy (as in inconsistent dye)
Which makes the XGD3 ones fail usually;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte