EG09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a r4 card yesterday

i put it straight into my ds before i put any games on it and it worked fine

then i put the sd into my computer and had trouble writing the roms to the sd card

the roms showed up but when i tried to play them the screen went white

i assumed that there was something wrong with the sd card so i decided i would format the sd card and put the r4 software onto it again, i did however when i put the r4 card into the ds again all that came up was a black loading screen

i have tried different firmware versions of r4 and even some n5 just in case it was a fake r4 but it still won't work

if anyone knows whats the problem i would really appreciate any help

There is actually a good chance that my r4 is a clone because the box had new r4 written on it and also claims to be able to support SDHC cards which i know is a indication of a clone

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
its a clone r4ds
do you know which one is it? check the box there should be a website address on it, go there and download the firmware from it
and how did you format it (fat 32) ?

btw try posting the topic in the appropriate section next time so you will get more help.

EG09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i formated it in my digital camera and then on my computer

the box says its r4sdhc and the web address on it leads nowhere

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of the many cards which have hijacked the R4 name are actually clones of other cards (ie not the R4) and so the original R4 firmware isn't compatible with them. Does it say anything else other than just R4 on it (ie R4 Pro, R4-III, R4-SDHC?)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
If the website's down your best bet would be to try and find a mirror of the 'official' R4-SDHC firmware somewhere (maybe use a google cache of their site to find out the filename of the zip then search for that) or find someone else with an R4-SDHC and ask them to send you the firmware from their card.

This guy had a similar problem with an R4 clone where they website on the box was down, dunno if what worked for him will work for you
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129245

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer