I need help with my new used wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DeOpty, Jul 14, 2017.

1. DeOpty
    OP

DeOpty Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    Hey guys, so i just picked up a Nintendo Wii from one of my friends because he doesn't want to play it anymore. After i bring it home i noticed some weird thing called usb loader gfx in the main menu but since i didnt know anything about modding wii i just went to full reset factory my wii. After i fully reset my wii, i went to the settings to try to update the firmware but it keeps failing with 32004 error. After i did some research i realized my wii was modded and i still have priiloader when i press the reset button. What's the best move do i need to do in order to play wii games from a hdd? Sorry im still newbie in modding wii.

Last edited by DeOpty, Jul 14, 2017
  2. TheThief

TheThief Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    There is a factory reset option in the Wii's native settings? I don't think so. Nintendo would never allow a rollback on firmware.

Anyway a modded Wii is the only way to go with the Wii. There's tons of instructions on this site but to save yourself sometime shoot me a PM for help.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    lol you had everything ready to play backups and you removed it
    check if you still have homebrew channel

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it resets the settings\wii back to factory state. doesn't roll back the firmware
    and op alraedy had a modded wii lol

Sticksandstones likes this.
  4. DeOpty
    OP

DeOpty Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    Okay thx for the help!