I need help with my new used wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DeOpty, Jul 14, 2017.

1. DeOpty
    OP

DeOpty Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    Hey guys, so i just picked up a Nintendo Wii from one of my friends because he doesn't want to play it anymore. After i bring it home i noticed some weird thing called usb loader gfx in the main menu but since i didnt know anything about modding wii i just went to full reset factory my wii. After i fully reset my wii, i went to the settings to try to update the firmware but it keeps failing with 32004 error. After i did some research i realized my wii was modded and i still have priiloader when i press the reset button. What's the best move do i need to do in order to play wii games from a hdd? Sorry im still newbie in modding wii.

Last edited by DeOpty, Jul 14, 2017
  2. TheThief

TheThief Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    There is a factory reset option in the Wii's native settings? I don't think so. Nintendo would never allow a rollback on firmware.

Anyway a modded Wii is the only way to go with the Wii. There's tons of instructions on this site but to save yourself sometime shoot me a PM for help.

3. migles

migles GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    lol you had everything ready to play backups and you removed it
    check if you still have homebrew channel

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it resets the settings\wii back to factory state. doesn't roll back the firmware
    and op alraedy had a modded wii lol

Sticksandstones likes this.
  4. DeOpty
    OP

DeOpty Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    Indonesia
    Okay thx for the help!