I need help with my Elink cart/superkey

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by mastertwinkie, Apr 5, 2008.

Apr 5, 2008
  1. mastertwinkie
    OP

Newcomer mastertwinkie Newbie

United States
    I bought a Elink GBA flash cart with a superkey and it works great. (the Elink)
    My problem is that i dont know whether or not my cart supports nds roms. (i have tried some gba-patched nds roms and i would get a white screen.)
    or if my superkey is broken. (stupid, i know)

Please tell me if I have to do something special to the roms to make them boot or if it's just my cart.

Thanx for your help.

2. diglett

Member diglett GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Elink is strictly a GBA cartridge. Running DS games from other slot 2 cards is possible, but you'll be much happier if you purchase one of the many excellent slot 1 devices that are now available for DS games.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Search for "loadme" to find a generic patcher that may be able to get older DS games to run from a NOR-based flash cart. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you however. Also, make sure the Elink automatically loads a game if it's the only thing flashed to the cart. If the Elink adds its own loader even with only one file flashed to it, then LoadMe will not work.

4. mastertwinkie
    OP

Newcomer mastertwinkie Newbie

United States
    Thanks for your help guys! [​IMG]
    BTW my cart has a menu on startup even if there's nothing on it so I cant use it for DS games then.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Then yes, you'll only be able to use it for GBA games.