Gaming I need help with Ixtreme NS (No Stealth)

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has been a real pain for me to find info on, anyway I got my 360 hooked up right now with Jungle Flash in service mode and when I load IX16-liteon 838_nostealth the DVD key does not match the source. Furthermore it says DVDkey @ N/A.

None of this seems right but since it is hacked firmware I am wondering if that is normal. Anyone have any experience with No Stealth?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am assuming you mean you backed up the patched firmware from the drive and JF was having problems with getting the key?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jungle flasher retrieved the key no problem.
Now I go to "Open Target Firmware"
and load ix16-liteon838_nostealth.bin
That is when I see the new key consisting of only 5's and A's

*Edit
Actually I just went and grabbed my original firmware and tried using the target firmware mentioned above and still get 5's and A's for my key

*Double Edit
Just loaded one of my other firmwares (Liteon 7 series) and the load the NS firmware and get the same results. At this point I am thinking either A) My NS Firmware is corrupt or B) Because this in non official firmware its supposed to be that way?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so you just have to spoof to target firmware and flash it onto the drive. The target key is just a dummy that is a placeholder.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jungleflasher can be a pain with unofficial firmwares like the NS line, if you still have the dummy.bin (the original firmware is technically speaking something else) then I would use firmtool http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1688.nfo (you can use autoxbins as well as I) to make the hacked firmware then just use whatever you like to flash it to the drive. Admittedly it was as soon as I found out about it/shortly after the release of NS but I had to go this route courtesy of jungleflasher not playing ball. If you are especially bored it is but a simple single string change from the stock 1.6 to NS so you could actually do it by hand (not worth it when firmtool exists in my opinion).

You appear to have it sorted now but if you are having trouble with finding keys a flashed drive should dump them at will, leave it in service mode (tray half open) and press dummy from iextreme in the DVDkey32 tab (the other ones should also help if you have a handful of files but I will leave that for another discussion).

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Cracker - Can't believe I forgot to hit spoof, thanks man worked like a charm.

@Fast6191 - Since we last spoke and you were puzzled why I was using dosflash I had another go at Jungleflasher, this time with my Sata card in a different rig and it worked like a charm. Not to mention it seemed a lot easier to know when I got the half tray open trick to work. Like I said normally I load up the original firmware then flash to the newest so I think me updating over modified firmware just through me off my game... not to mention I was hesitant about using "non official" firmware. Sometimes I get paranoid as to if I downloading a wrong file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol