Hacking I need help to install custom frimware to psp 3004.

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have psp 3004 and it was using 6.60 pro b. My psp was very old and i forgot that I installed custom frimware. And I saw that there is a new system update, and it was 6.61 and I updated it to 6.61. And i cant play games again. I know, I need to install custom frimware again but which one? Pro-c infinity? Or just pro-c or I can still install pro-b? Idk. I need help. And If I install custom firmware, will my games be deleted? Or have my games already been deleted? I just need someone to explain to me what to do. Please, I need help. (And of course my psp is still working.)

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you had a cfw 6.60 pro b (temporary custom firmware), then you had an ofw 6.60 (original Sony).
If you wanted to install a 6.61 cfw you should have first upgraded the original Sony software (ofw) to version 6.61.
Since you have installed two versions that don't match (cfw6.61 over ofw6.60) I'm afraid you have bricked your console. That it turns on, doesn't mean anything.
It is also written here on a yellow background:
https://revive.today/psp/cfw/pro/
I hope I'm wrong. I'm waiting for someone to contradict me.

Can it read at least the original umd games?

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt install cfw 6.61 i installed 6.61 ofw. So Im sure i didnt brick it. Im asking that should i install 6.60 cfw again or 6.61 cfw but which one? Pro-c infinity or just pro c or can i still install pro b? (and i was using pro b cfw) And will my games will be deleted or have already deleted? AND IM SURE everything is fine with my psp and i didnt brick it (IM SURE) but im asking that which cfw should i install again?

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt install cfw 6.61 i installed 6.61 ofw. So Im sure i didnt brick it. Im asking that should i install 6.60 cfw again or 6.61 cfw but which one? Pro-c infinity or just pro c or can i still install pro b? (and i was using pro b cfw) And will my games will be deleted or have already deleted? AND IM SURE everything is fine with my psp and i didnt brick it (IM SURE) but im asking that which cfw should i install again?
Dude: Can it read at least the original umd games?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install 6.61 CFW again.

They all pretty much work the same. I prefer to use PRO-C, but you can use whatever you want. Infinity seems to be the permanent patch for 2000+, everyone is using now.

Your games and saves are independent to the CFW, they haven't been deleted as long as you didn't delete them from the memory stick.

If the 6.61 CFW installer fails or errors out, come back.

Reactions: Pro-Gamer

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didnt install cfw 6.61 i installed 6.61 ofw.
Okay. I hadn't read carefully. My bad.
Then I recommend you the temporary cfw 6.61pro-C f3: it is the latest version.
Very easy to install, I have it on my PSP 3004 and it has always worked perfectly. It has the advantage to keep the original firmware, and return to it when you turn it off. It's also a kind of protection. So if it gets into the hands of some unwanted person, they can't use the games on the Memory Stick.:)

As you have already been told, your games will not suffer any risk during installation, unless you corrupt the Memory Stick / Adapter+microSD, which is very rare.:wink:

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what is pro b and what is pro c?
what is the difference between pro c and pro b? And can I just install pro c but not pro c infinty or pro c f3 or something else. I want to install pro c because I was using just pro b. And where can I install pro c?
And thank you again.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And what is pro b and what is pro c?
It is the same software, but the second one is newer. Pro c f3 is the latest, most recent.
Infinity is instead a permanent cfw, whose installation is a bit risky. Anyway I don't know it enough.

And where can I install pro c?
The necessary cfw files must be copied to the Memory Stick by connecting with the appropriate cable to the PC.
The installation tutorial is here:
https://revive.today/psp/cfw/

d'accordo.gif

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. And can I just install pro c and not pro c infinity or pro c f3?
Re-read what I wrote properly!
If you want a temporary cfw (which remains if you put in standby, but is deactivated when you turn off the psp: to reactivate it use "fast recovery") use pro C f3 which is the latest version (it is like pro C but with correction of small bugs).
If you want a definitive cfw use infinity, that i don't know.
Install one or the other, evidently.

arrabbiato.gif

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you but where can I install pro-c fast recovery?
"Fast recovery" is part of the 3 folders that make up pro C cfw.
All of them should be copied into the psp/game folder. Read the tutorial I posted: don't think I'm going to do this work for you!!!

diffida.gif

Pro-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think when I installed 6.61 ofw, 6.60 cfw is already deleted.
I will install 6.61 cfw but Im not sure if its (old cfw) deleted or not. How can I be sure?

And sorry I asked you so many questions.
Thank you.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I will install 6.61 cfw but Im not sure if its (old cfw) deleted or not. How can I be sure?
To tell the truth I don't know if part of the files of the previous cfw are still present in the internal memory. In the tutorial of the link I posted doesn't it talk about how to update a previous cfw?
I honestly don't remember if you can reinstall the new one if the old one is partially present.
:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore