Hacking I need help to figure out what's wrong going from cakes al9h to boot9 luma

gkoelho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a very old setup from the first batch of al9h. It is running cakes 1.38 on 11.2

Im following the 3ds guide to update the al9h to boot9 but I'm stuck at one step.

It says to move things to the sd card and I did it it all, then on this part it black screens:
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your device
Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
    • Some versions of Luma3DS will just directly start whichever payload begins with start_
    • If your version does this, just proceed with the instructions.

It just gives an error -> ERROR: config file not found, press any key to shutdown. I believe its because I don't have Luma installed, so it isn't recognizing the start hotkey?

How do I get around this the easiest way possible? Its 6am here and I'm kinda tired, trying to not mess things way too much

Last edited by gkoelho,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, the guide just blindly assumes you are using a decently recent version of Luma on A9LH. You can copy Luma 7.0.5's arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD card, and it should work, or:
Rename SafeB9SInstaller.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin and place it at the root of your sd card
That should also work.

Reactions: gkoelho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over