I need help postal issues !

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BoneMonkey, Jul 21, 2007.

Jul 21, 2007

I need help postal issues ! by BoneMonkey at 3:01 AM (1,556 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i sent my friend a package from the US to the UK via USPS First Class International

its been over 5 weeks and he hasnt recieved it yet :-( what are my choices what can i do if anyone was in a simular situation and can help me out please :-(

2. acrocosm

Member acrocosm GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    don't you have the tracking number?

3. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    i didnt get a tracking number :-(

4. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States
    usps doesnt have a tracking number

DHL or some other companies have that...

just wait its prolly in customs

5. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    5 weeks though ?

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    You should have, its on your receipt. It's not labeled "tracking number" but probably something like "order number"

7. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    i got a small 5 digit number is that it ?

8. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I think thats your ZIP code...

It should be a mix of letters and numbers...

9. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    no it snot my zip code lol

i will have to go to USPS on monday and see

10. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    The problem with usps first class mail is, once it's out of the country there's very little you can do.
    My parcel from Japan didn't arrive for more than a month, both sender and me deemed it "lost in an accident"
    AFAIK, they're not trackable, they can probably tell you it's been shipped out of States on certain date.

After a couple "accidents" that carriers said, I use more expensive option or with insurance. It still sucks a lot to lose something, I once paid $40 to send a picture frame which cost me $25.

11. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    im confused did you get the package from japan or not ?

do you think my friend will get the package ?

12. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Nah, it's totally lost. Not even returned to sender. I'm guessing "discarded". It's been 6 weeks and no news from either side of the world.

US to UK in 5 weeks? I'm afraid unlikely... However it might be sent back to you. I hope your gift wasn't something really precious, losing stuff mailing really sucks.

13. BoneMonkey
    OP

United States
    it has my name and sdress on it too they should have returned it to me at least

i think its just taking long to deliver today the post office is open and im going to see what i can do see if i can talk to a supervisor

14. acrocosm

United Kingdom
    not to turn you donw or anything but mail services in uk sre shit

2 packages/letters i send have been lost same for 2 other that were send to me

and moreover...
    i have received 1 package with random name on it (i opened teh door half-asleep and just accepted whatever they gave me without even noticing)

in one particular occasion dlh guy rings my bell and gives me a huge package and asks me to sign. i checked this one and told him:

"i'm not that guy and none with such a name lives here. it's either the wrong address or the it was for someone who lived here before me" (we had just moved in about a month ago). he stared at me for some time, checked his machine and then told me "but it says this address on it i have to deliver it here". pauses again. "eerrrr sign here sir" i signed and told him that i'll keep it unopened and that he should make a not and if anyone claims it they should come and ask me for it. he said "yeah, yeah sure, thanx, bye...." (without making a note on the machine). none ever clamed it...

that's whithin the last 3 years. also i have been given countless "signed for" parcels without ever been asked for some short of id in the 6-7 years i have been here

well i hope he does get it....

15. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    That'd be because "Royal Mail Signed for" doesn't need ID [​IMG] (unless you miss the delivery and go to pick it up from a depot). Anyone can sign it, it's just a guarantee to the sender that Royal Mail haven't lost it in transit and it (probably) got to the right house. Maybe one of the more expensive postage options needs ID, but that one ain't it. It's better than nothing, but it's a bit crap really.

If they get a signature then as far as Royal Mail and the sender are concerned it got to it's destination. Even if the guy tried to claim, RM would just turn round and say "it got there, look we have a signature to prove it", end of (and probably give him the name). By signing anyway you do more harm than good so if it happens again keep refusing until they go away [​IMG]

16. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    @acrocosm: What was in the package?

17. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Create a Publicity Stunt against USPS, that causes USPS to drastically lose money, do this until they have their entire Team searching for your package. lol Sorry but i think it is funny that your using United States Postal Service to send something internationally. I send packages from the US to Greece, haven't ever had a problem, I've used FedEx and DHL but I don't know why i haven't used USPS. The only difficulty there is, is the fact that the receiver lives in a village 30 miles away from the post office.

18. acrocosm

United Kingdom
    branded envelopes in various sizes, some piece of software i never tried out, tax and other forms, printer paper... stuff like that
    that was for the large package.

the other one i tossed it on the living room (i was sharing with 3 other people, it wasn't the tidiest house [​IMG] ) and forgot about it
    ...a few days later the people next door asked us if we got any mail in ::some name:: and it was their so i gave i back . I have no idea what was in it

edit: the other signed ones were for my housemates usuall but still... you can just fake the name from whatever it's written on the package without any proof at all. when i send a "signed for..." i would expect it to be delivered to the person it's signed for ^^ ...otherwhise this is a false guarantee and should be omitted. afterall all lettets/parcels get delivery eventyally unless they are lost in transportation or each companie's premises, isn't it?