Hacking I need help Playing games of SD

Gunn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know theres threads about this but I didn't see any that really helped me. So Im hopping someone here can. I softmoded my wii with letterbomb. My wii is 4.3U I install the wads using wad manager. All the wads play on my system but theres to many so I transferred them to an 8gb SDHC. When I click the sd card some of the games load but not many I always get "Failed to launch" and if I try to copy them back from the sd to the wii it fails. How can I fix this so I can have them all run off the sd card. I would really not like to install the wads every time I want to play a game that doesn't fit on the system. When I click the HBC it says IOS58 or 56. Im at work cant check for sure if you need to know that if it makes a big difference Ill check when I get home

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gunn,
I suspect you haven't left enough 'free blocks' of system memory on your wii, and the only games to run are the smallest sized ones? When you 'launch' them from SD card, they still utilise the same amount of memory to run on the wii itself, VC titles use very little whereas some wii ware games can use upto 400 or so 'blocks'
Best thing to try is backup titles to SD and leave at least 500 blocks of free memory on the system in order for titles to load and launch. If you like the look of a lot of channels on the sysmenu, then just install the smaller sized games to there :)

Gunn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I just played 3 n64 games on the system all worked transfered to the sd and super smash bros does but not kirby. I didnt bother trying bomberman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended