Hacking I need help playing backup gamecube games on the wii.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I followed that guide and installed the two cios. I put the disc in again but it didn't work. I did get a different on screen message however. This time it said:

DVD Err (03023a00), Disc ID
DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?

So I'm guessing that it must be the disc. I'm going to order those DVD-R and hopefully they'll work. But I still can't get fstfix working. So I won't be able to shrink them.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When loading the games from disc, there's no need to shrink them, you can get 3 games unshrunk on one disc. And fstfix is easy to use - if you are able to use command line tools. If you can't do it, learn it.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update!!

Hi guys. I got the new verbatim DVD-R in the mail today. I tried them already and they work perfectly :) Thank y'all for trying to help me out with this. Now if only FSTFIX would work so I could shrink them.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if you've been keeping up with DML, check the stickied thread. you can now play gamecube games (although some have issues) from an SD card. It is really convenient and easy to set up. Its as simple as installing a WAD file and updating your loader to a version that supports DML, that would be either Wiiflow or Neogamma r9 beta56. Wiiflow is modded by fix94 so don't get the official version.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if you've been keeping up with DML, check the stickied thread. you can now play gamecube games (although some have issues) from an SD card. It is really convenient and easy to set up. Its as simple as installing a WAD file and updating your loader to a version that supports DML, that would be either Wiiflow or Neogamma r9 beta56. Wiiflow is modded by fix94 so don't get the official version.

Dude are you serious? After all the trouble I just went through to get it working on backup DVDs. Ugh. Oh well. Can you post a link to the guide please.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah unless you want a shit load of games on it. i've been working with an 8gb card, i generally only keep 1 or 2 games on it, rest stay on pc until i want to play them.

i was thinking of buying a monster sd card for it, but really how much gamecube are you going to play?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed that guide. But it's not working for me. When I go into neo gamma to try and play the games I get a message saying no games were found. I have them inside a folder called "games" on the root of the sd card. Do the games need to be in iso or gcm format?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay