I need help on removing ALL my homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gio1.6, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. gio1.6
    OP

Newcomer gio1.6 Newbie

Australia
    I think i have a problem. Firstly I used 'AnyRegion Changer' to downgrade my Wii to the 3.2E software, then i went to go watch tv, and before i knew it i was back to the HBC so i decided to reboot and now my wii makes a weird noise that i have never heard before also when i boot up the system settings im still on 3.3E firmware and i also get a black sceen and eventually the settings pop up so now all i want to do is just remove EVERYTHING that has to do with homebrew or anything that nintendo doesnt make themselves( as im scared that my wii will evetually brick). So basically all I want to do is make my wii 100% legit, with the 3.4E update. But maybe in future if there is a new way to install homebrew maybe I will try that. Any insight into this issue will be much appreciated.

Thank-you

2. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    I think lots of people will hate reading your question or multiple questions because all is very unclear and formatted in a way that is very hard to read or understand. By the time people read through your huge chunk of text there eyes will hurt and wonder if you have an enter key on your keyboard and what exactly do you want to know. I took the time to puzzle together what you are asking and thought I'd post exactly what you need to do to fix this problem and make your wii more legit. I could have done it in a small sentence or two or even made the instructions clearer but I thought you would understand better like this. Use wad manager to uninstall any wads you had installed and then format your wiis memory. You will lose all game saves unless backed up but you will be homebrew free. As for the loud noises it could be one of many things.

3. Beatchu

Member Beatchu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Format it then update and redownload everything from the shop channel I think works

4. gio1.6
    OP

Newcomer gio1.6 Newbie

Australia
    Thanks guys for your help I'll do that straight away

5. CruDeLioS

Newcomer CruDeLioS Member

Portugal
    gio1.6 this probably isn't your case but my wii always makes a godawful noise when I boot it up with no dvd inside. That's normal.

If, however, your wii still makes that noise with a dvd inside, then you do have an issue.