Hardware [I need help] I'm trying to clone my 16GB SD card to a new 32GB Sd card.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have tried Aomei Partition Manager v6.0 and EaseUS Partition Master 10.8 to try and copy my 16GB SD card which contains an emuNAND partition. So far, neither apps can seem to make a 1:1 copy of the SD card. I have an A9LH 2DS, and I'd rather not go through the process of setting up the two nands again... And yes, I have the backups of each.

So what disk copying software can succesfully clone an emuNAND-partitioned SD card? Paid apps are fine, I'll buy them if they can do the job.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so cloning the SD card with USB Image Tool worked, but any time (with any partitioning tool) I try to stretch the FAT partition to fit the rest of the SD card, it would leave the FAT partition as RAW, and switch my FAT partition's drive letter to the emuNAND partition. I've never seen this happen, but it keeps doing this no matter what I try, so I found a method that worked for me:

1.) Backed up my 9.2U emuNAND to the original 16GB SD, dumped it to my laptop.
2.) booted the 2DS into EMUNAND9 and formatted the SD for an emuNAND, and restored the 9.2U emuNAND to it.
3.) Put both SD cards into my laptop, and copied all files from the 16GB SD to the 32GB SD.

All is well with the world. The other 2DS I have doesn't have an emuNAND, so that SD card I can just copy files over to and it will "just work".

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried Aomei Partition Manager v6.0 and EaseUS Partition Master 10.8 to try and copy my 16GB SD card which contains an emuNAND partition. So far, neither apps can seem to make a 1:1 copy of the SD card. I have an A9LH 2DS, and I'd rather not go through the process of setting up the two nands again... And yes, I have the backups of each.

So what disk copying software can succesfully clone an emuNAND-partitioned SD card? Paid apps are fine, I'll buy them if they can do the job.

Ok. So it seems you have A9LH with emuNAND and not updated sysNAND, right?
If you have redNAND, don't even bother. It won't work. If you have emuNAND, you can do it through the suggested tutorials.
I think you should fancy using updated sysNAND. It's much easier and safer with it. Besides, you can swap sd cards only by copy/paste the content.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So it seems you have A9LH with emuNAND and not updated sysNAND, right?
If you have redNAND, don't even bother. It won't work. If you have emuNAND, you can do it through the suggested tutorials.
I think you should fancy using updated sysNAND. It's much easier and safer with it. Besides, you can swap sd cards only by copy/paste the content.
I have an updated sysNAND and a 9.2 emuAND. Anyway, I got it all working by just cloning the SD card with USB Image Tool, then make a new Fat32 partition, copying the files and folders over instead of cloning it, and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn