Hacking I need help Identifying which Kernel I need for this R4i Unlimited Upgradeable Cart

MetalDucky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've recently was given a Red Ds Lite from my friend as a gift, with it came a Silver R4 cart that said R4i Unlimited Upgradeable on it. It didn't come with a micro sd card so I found 2, 2gb Micro sd cards lying around my house. One of them seemed to have corrupted data on it and would not fully format but the other formatted just fine in fat32. I've spent the last 3 hours or so going through sketchy old websites trying to find the right kernel to use for this cart but every time I put it on the micro sd card and insert it into my console, when I load the r4 card it just imediently brings me to a white screen. I have two theory's as to why this is, either I just can't find the correct kernel to use with the cart so it has nothing to load, or the cart just no longer recognizes micro sd cards and I'm shit out of luck. Help with this would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20190911_123842.jpg
    20190911_123842.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 20190911_123856.jpg
    20190911_123856.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 196

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've recently was given a Red Ds Lite from my friend as a gift, with it came a Silver R4 cart that said R4i Unlimited Upgradeable on it. It didn't come with a micro sd card so I found 2, 2gb Micro sd cards lying around my house. One of them seemed to have corrupted data on it and would not fully format but the other formatted just fine in fat32. I've spent the last 3 hours or so going through sketchy old websites trying to find the right kernel to use for this cart but every time I put it on the micro sd card and insert it into my console, when I load the r4 card it just imediently brings me to a white screen. I have two theory's as to why this is, either I just can't find the correct kernel to use with the cart so it has nothing to load, or the cart just no longer recognizes micro sd cards and I'm shit out of luck. Help with this would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Hello.:)

Did you have already tried this:

http://www.r43ds.org/downloads/r4i3dsunlimup/r4i-english-r4i-sdhc-hk.zip

This is maybe an DSTT Clone Flashcard.:unsure:

Thank you.:)

MetalDucky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope still the white screen on bootup, This is most likely the correct firmware so I think the cart itself is just faulty, thanks so much for the help tho

Reactions: Alexander1970

Speakyourmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I an trying to insert a picture ... And failing miserably . It is an r4 2019 SDHC for 3ds DSi and etc RTS lite . Cartidge is grey , the sticker is silver . I sometimes get here to check better what is the problem, DSi never recognizes the cart . Really thanks in advance

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just noticed all the clones after buying the thing

Attachments

• 1575163035724885218021371672096.jpg
    1575163035724885218021371672096.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by Speakyourmind,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I an trying to insert a picture ... And failing miserably . It is an r4 2019 SDHC for 3ds DSi and etc RTS lite . Cartidge is grey , the sticker is silver . I sometimes get here to check better what is the problem, DSi never recognizes the cart . Really thanks in advance

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just noticed all the clones after buying the thing

This One ?

http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-rts-lite/

Please check the Homepage/Link on the Card.
index.jpg

Reactions: Speakyourmind

Speakyourmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes thats the critter . and i downloaded for the 4th time the same kernel . i will work with unnoficial homebrew , before ahem , anything else . i first thought the card was defected , until i sussecfully install unlaunch + moonshell in sd card on the system , not on the flashcart . (somehow i missed the step to take out moonshell.nds to the root of the card .... not a forum user , forgot to quote

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yes thats the critter . and i downloaded for the 4th time the same kernel . i will work with unnoficial homebrew , before ahem , anything else . i first thought the card was defected , until i sussecfully install unlaunch + moonshell in sd card on the system , not on the flashcart . (somehow i missed the step to take out moonshell.nds to the root of the card .... not a forum user , forgot to quote

Ok,to understand you right:

- You have a modded DSi with Unlaunch + TWiLight Menu ?
- Your Flashcard is not working with which Program ?
- When you go into the original DSi Menu,is your Flashcard displayed there ?
- What is actual on your microSD Card from the Flashcard ?

Speakyourmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok,to understand you right:

- You have a modded DSi with Unlaunch + TWiLight Menu ?
- Your Flashcard is not working with which Program ?
- When you go into the original DSi Menu,is your Flashcard displayed there ?
- What is actual on your microSD Card from the Flashcard ?

thanks for your time , now ....
- i managed to get unlaunch and twilight on a 32 gb card , on dsi , not on the flashcart , i am on the verge to give it up .
- i i barely know how to run anythimg , so i tought i should just slab the kernel + roms , any video on youtube boasts about it
- my flashcard never displayed on original menu . it is or my niece with atually 9 years , bought the dsi an year ago , and whatched the first steps on the dsi in here since then .i should make it the more child proof possible
- i tried to insert an nds homebrew rpg from the download secttion in there , diablo princess . doesnt show up on unlaunch , will check if i forgot to rename the file or something

thanks for your time
edit : with the kernel inside the flashcart , nothing is shown using unlaunch . tricky

adding up , or i need an average ds to upgrade the firmware , or else . interesting is , without the kernel files inside , unlauch somehow recognizes some files inside and can name them . if i can boot the nds /gba games trough there , be damned the flash menu .
altough the card is just like that , it is just a chinese clone . or a clone of a clone , justa son of a clone !

Found out the issue i Guess . I AM looking after this for a long time and oversaw this . I AM using 1.4.4 U , for the sake of completeness .
I Will try now to find a way to upgrade this safely or if that is Impossible .
And Will try to use just my diary , instead of out here , in random posts
PS : just went on a rampage and installed , somewhat of it i Guess , hiwacfw . On the final steps , some exception that led to anothers . Prevented Twilight menu++.nds to be copied and some others . Now are the Critical times that could mean a brick i Guess

Last edited by Speakyourmind,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2