Homebrew I need help, I updated my 3DS to the newest version. Having eshop problems.

Azuretare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my 3DS to the newest version, and now all the games I installed via CIA's are read as re-downloadable, (even after I deleted them in system settings) but I can't re-download them. I get error code 007-6106 so now all of the games I installed with homebrew can't be bought or re-downloaded! Is there a way to fix this without losing my legit games' save files? (I'm pretty sure formatting would fix it but I would lose all my save files.)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, their titled ODs were saved to a database, but you have no purchase history for them, hence the error. You could use a homebrew same manager to backup your saves, format, then reimport them. Or, wipe the database, which I have no idea how to do.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
You can try going to the 3ds folder for whatever NAND your doing this on and opening the 2 files in the dbs folder into Notepad and making it blank, Go into 3DS Software in System Settings and click "Reset" when it prompts you. Unsure if this will do it doe.

Azuretare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, their titled ODs were saved to a database, but you have no purchase history for them, hence the error. You could use a homebrew same manager to backup your saves, format, then reimport them. Or, wipe the database, which I have no idea how to do.
I'll try the save backup thing.

You can try going to the 3ds folder for whatever NAND your doing this on and opening the 2 files in the dbs folder into Notepad and making it blank, Go into 3DS Software in System Settings and click "Reset" when it prompts you. Unsure if this will do it doe.
I actually remembered doing something like that for some sort of homebrew thing so I went into that folder before I posted this and deleted the title.db and import.db already. I don't get any reset option at 3DS software. Buuuuuuttt I just had a genius idea and opened notepad, saved it blank as title.db and import.db and.... Still no prompt. Dang.

Azuretare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I launch svdt it doesn't backup any games, it just makes a folder called download_play and a bunch of folders in it.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I'll try the save backup thing.

I actually remembered doing something like that for some sort of homebrew thing so I went into that folder before I posted this and deleted the title.db and import.db already. I don't get any reset option at 3DS software. Buuuuuuttt I just had a genius idea and opened notepad, saved it blank as title.db and import.db and.... Still no prompt. Dang.
Deleting them wont make the prompt, You need to make the title and import db files but make them empty so the 3DS can tell its "corrupted" so it can fully reset the DB.

Edit Lmao ignore this post read the But... bit. Not much help I can do then.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr