I need help i bricked my switch (Installed WinUSB instead of Libusbk to the switch)

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by theNYCwarrior, Dec 7, 2018.

1. theNYCwarrior
    OP

theNYCwarrior Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    United States
    I need help i bricked my switch (Installed WinUSB instead of Libusbk to the switch)

I attempted to dump games through usb and followed this tutorial. When it got up to the section where you change your switch usb settings to Libusbk, i stupidly installed Winusb. Now my CPU cannot recognize my switch which prevents me from injecting a payload. I have AutoRCM on so i cannot boot up my switch anymore. Is there anyway i could fix this?

PS: i backed up my NAND and my BOOT0, BOOT1 if that helps.

EDIT: I installed the drivers on to the switch not the pc so the switch isnt recognized by any cpu anymore and i cannot install the usblibk drivers back. Sorry i didnt add context before.

Attached Files:

Last edited by theNYCwarrior, Dec 7, 2018
  2. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Those drivers install to your PC, not your Switch, so you're not bricked :) Your PC can no longer recognise it, but with Zadig you can uninstall them and try again. Make sure your Switch is fully off (hold power for 15 seconds) before trying again.

Orangy57 likes this.
  3. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    I don't know much about this, but if you're looking for another method to send the payload, then you should check out Rekado. It's an android app, which allows you to send a payload to your Switch using your phone.

4. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    YOUR SWITCH IS NOT BRICKED
    You can rcm back into the switch as nothing wil remove rcm as it is a feature in the chip / hardware not software or nsx...

What you need to do is to open tegra and install the driver in the settings... then reconnect your switch in rcm mode.. then you can send payloads again

Last edited by Canna, Dec 7, 2018
    ravihpa likes this.
  5. theNYCwarrior
    OP

theNYCwarrior Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    United States
    What do you mean by "open Tegra and install the drivers"? is there a software that is available where i could do that? @Canna

6. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted