I need help getting devkitpro to work on Linux in order to sync and compile a9lh payloads

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jimmyleen, Apr 3, 2016.

1. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I am following this guide even though its for windows only (it can also be done in linux but you have to know what your doing). https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...payload_stage1-bin-payload_stage2-bin.420899/

I have the Devkitarm and the devkitpro installed in the correct directory, but it will not work no matter what I do.

name@NAME ~/Desktop/Untitled Folder/arm9loaderhax $ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/name/Desktop/Untitled Folder/arm9loaderhax/payload_stage1'

Makefile:6: *** "Please set DEVKITARM in your environment. export DEVKITARM=<path to>devkitARM". Stop.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/name/Desktop/Untitled Folder/arm9loaderhax/payload_stage1'
    make: *** [stage1] Error 2

Edit: I will not run devkitpro in wine and I am using the latest version of linux mint

Last edited by jimmyleen, Apr 3, 2016
  2. Docmudkipz

Docmudkipz Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Staring at my computer case's window
    I don't mean to be really harsh, but I dont suggest running linux outside of general use unless you can read and diagnose an error it throws at you. You have to setup your bashrc or zshrc depending on your shell to export them to an environment variable so that it can find the tools it needs no matter where your terminal directory is.

Tl:dr: add "export DEVKITARM=<path to>devkitARM" to your .bashrc and reset your shell
    For example, my zshrc has "export DEVKITARM=/home/{name}/devkitpro/devkitARM"

Last edited by Docmudkipz, Apr 3, 2016
  3. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Why people don't read any error messages? Is it so difficult? It clearly says what to do. Why this thread?

It really depends on the shell you are using. For bash you can edit the $path variable to make it working.

4. Docmudkipz

Docmudkipz Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Probably shouldn't do exactly said what you said not to do. The A9LH make files read from the $DEVKITARM variable, not path unless you edit it

5. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016

When devkist pro was installing it installed in the home directory which is the correct directory for it to be in. What I was trying to figure is why its asking me to move it to the same directory its already in.

Last edited by jimmyleen, Apr 3, 2016
  6. Docmudkipz

Docmudkipz Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    It wasn't asking you to move anything, it was trying to find the variable you hadn't set up in your bashrc