i need help..... and of course...... i am new

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by agent_smith_nds, Jul 30, 2007.

1. agent_smith_nds
    OP

Newcomer agent_smith_nds Member

Portugal
    hi everyone, my name is agent_smith and i have got a problem about those things that the nds has....... like for example the ds-extreme and some things like that (internet on the ds?????)............. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] looool

and can i buy those things??????? when i see u guys talking about that it seems sooooooooo cool.................. plx help me i would like to hve them too

P.S.: sorry the mixed up...... and the english [​IMG]

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Hello, Agent Smith! Now, these "things" are called flashcarts. They allow you to play DS ROMs (commercial games), music, videos, and play homebrew. The DS-X is a slot 1 flashcart (goes in your DS slot), and there are many more (better) competitors, like the R4, most popular and best flashcart out today, SC-ONE, EZ Flash V, G6 Real. etc.

You can buy these flashcarts, of course.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    There are some useful links in the guides section on GBATemp Forums (stuff about homebrew, etc).

Piracy on the DS is pretty simple nowadays.

edit: typo

edit: you can also read the reviews if you need help choosing a card. There are reviews on other sites too if you need more help choosing, or you can search the forums for a large amount of repetitive threads asking the same thing.

4. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    buy a r4ds

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Or a G6DS Real [​IMG]

They're probably the two best solutions on the market for just DS playback.

6. agent_smith_nds
    OP

Portugal
    thx for everything........... ad i dont like to buy by the net [​IMG]...... ijust dont trust it. and is it better to use this instead buy the games???? i don know what to do [​IMG]

7. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    Well no flashcart for you. If you want to be able to explore the world of homebrew and ROMS, you'll need to buy things from the internet, there is now way round it. And if you do buy a flashcart, I recommend a G6DS Real, R4 is over-hyped, G6 is the one to get.

Oh, and welcome to GBAtemp!

8. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    I think you are confused, it's the other way around

9. flai

United Kingdom
    Since when was the G6 over-hyped? Why do people like the R4 so much? Its such a sub-par flashcart compared to everything else.

10. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    The R4 costs $28. What can the G6 do to justify the price and the non-upgradable memory? Play Tony Hawk at full speed? Woo.

11. flai

United Kingdom
    It has a much nicer GUI, and in the UK it costs round about the same price and plus, removable storage sucks IMO.

12. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    There are many more skins for the R4 than the G6, and how does removable suck? The cards don't "pop out", you don't lose them. You can easily make a microsd storage device with the Slot-2 filler of a DS Lite. Doing that, you can have at least 8GB of storage with you at all times

13. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Who cares about much nicer GUI? The DS-X has one of the best GUI's and it sucks. R4 has thousands of skins, so one way or another at least ONE skin has gotta satisfy you. And removable storage pwns internal, but that's just me.

14. agent_smith_nds
    OP

Portugal
    wowow...... take it easy. i just want to know if its better or not to buy that instead buying games..... and of course wich one? lol thx