I need an advice: should I buy a 3ds xl in 4.5 if I already own a 6.1 (xl)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YasserSpearsXl, Apr 4, 2014.

  1. YasserSpearsXl
    OP

    YasserSpearsXl Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Colombia
    First of all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm new. So.... what should I do? I have to money to buy another 3ds xl in 4.5 but idk if I'm wasting my money coz idk if gateway is going to work in some months in 6.1 helppp
     
  2. bluke

    bluke GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    107
    21
    Feb 2, 2010
    Buy it if you can't wait ( It's seem to be a long wait). Anyway you buy It then you can sell it again, just think that you make a rental during that period.
     
  3. Ryan Huang

    Ryan Huang Member

    Newcomer
    13
    1
    Jan 7, 2014
    United States
    Seattle, Washington
    I sold my 3ds XL, then buy one when it's on sale, so I didn't lose any money
     
  4. Chaldron

    Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

    Member
    434
    238
    Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    We don't know if Gateway will support 6.1, so even if you hold onto your current console the "possible support" coming is iffy at best.

    Go with 4.5 if you absolutely want flashcards, or hold onto 6.1 if you want to save some money and MAYBE get Gateway in the future.
     
  5. lonesome_killer

    lonesome_killer GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    121
    19
    Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    Sell your DS on eBay or Craigslist then get a new one. There's no such thing as a sure thing. It'd be smarter for you to get a 4.5 with ROM support now
     
  6. jrr6415sun

    jrr6415sun GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    196
    54
    Aug 19, 2013
    United States
    If you want to play backups buy a 4.5.

    6.1 will take a long time if it's even possible
     
  7. ieatpixels

    ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    344
    110
    Nov 1, 2008
    I don't think Gateway will crack 6.X, and even if they do like Smea did, according to Smea it doesn't have the same privileges and can't run roms.
    I'd just get a new XL. (I'm on 6.X too but am not convinced it's worth getting a new unit since I could just spend the money on the games that interest me instead.)
     
  8. Technicmaster0

    Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,998
    603
    Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe they found another exploit (but that's pure speculation).
     
  9. Reecey

    Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

    Member
    4,147
    1,075
    Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    tbh m8 sell it or try and swap with extra cash for a 4.1.0 - I doubt very much you will see it ever on 6x. Or if they do you will be waiting for ever. I originally had a 6.3.0 Aqua Blue and did the swap thing for another Aqua Blue and paid a little extra cash on top but well worth it, I was very happy especially now with omega!
     
  10. b00100100

    b00100100 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    77
    15
    Oct 8, 2009
    United States
    buy new one, sell old one. Do it as as possible so you have a better chance of actually getting a 4.1-4.5 XL. Make sure you follow the serial number guide on this site.