I need all the updated files so I can play DS2 on 3DS!

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Naito-Tanuki, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Naito-Tanuki
    OP

Member Naito-Tanuki GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Can someone upload all the updated 3DS Update 2 files for Supercard DSTWO. I only have the 3DS so I can't update it myself...

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    doesn't work that way, the files that are on your microSD card get flashed into the DS2's memory, you have to physically do it with that cart

3. Naito-Tanuki
    OP

Member Naito-Tanuki GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The memory itself....

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    In simple terms, there is a special place for the firmware within the flashcart (the flashcart itself, not the microSD). As it is currently, you have no way to put the new firmware into that "special place" so there would be no reason giving you something that you still can't put in the correct place. You need a DSLite/DSPhat/DSi (with a firmware supported by whatever firmware is already on your flashcart).

5. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    There are two things you need to keep in mind here: Internal firmware and kernel/OS. The internal firmware is the internal software of your Supercard itself, stored *only* in your Supercard. Whereas EOS is the kernel/OS, the software that your Supercard runs from the microSD.

Think of your microSD as the harddisk. You put Windows (the OS) on your harddisk on your computer, and when your computer turns on it runs Windows. And from Windows it runs the rest of your programs, like games. If the microSD is your harddisk, and the EOS is your Windows, then the Firmware is the stuff your computer runs before it loads Windows.

If you've never seen it before restart your computer right now, and look at what it does after it turns itself on again. It will always load something before Windows. And that "something" is in the internal 'memory' of your computer, just like your Firmware is in the internal memory of your Supercard.

6. Terminator02

United States
    Very nice explanation, I just might steal that and put it somewhere in my beginner's guide

7. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Thanks! I'm flattered, please go ahead and 'steal' it. [​IMG]

8. Terminator02

United States
    it really is well-explained, i always get people completely confused about the differences and even i was confused for a while as different people said different things