Hacking I need a step by step for gateway for n3ds.

MonkeyWithAGun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, im new to this 3ds and gateway. I am expecting the gateway and cubic ninja in the mail today, but i wanted to get things ready. Can you guys help me with a complete step by step process?

This is for the new 3ds

Here is the menu guide

STEP 1 Buy the stuff
STEP 2 Prepare
STEP 3 Prepare SD Cards. Roms.
STEP 4 Cubic Ninja Exploit
STEP 5 Gateway Menu
STEP 6 Preparing ROMS, CIA's and bigbluemenu
STEP 7 Installing Roms, CIA's and bigbluemenu
STEP 8 WINNING!
STEP 9 - Backup NAND and EMUNAND!

Step 1 - buy the stuff
a. buy a new 3ds with 9.2 or earlier
b. buy gateway
c. buy cubic ninja or zelda oot
d. buy a MicroSD Card or two

Step 2 - Prepare
a. download gateway firmware 3.1.1
b. unscrew the back of 3ds and get micro SD Card (SD1)
c. insert card into a card reader, connect to your computer, and backup everything on the card

Step 3 - Prepare SD Cards and games roms and cia's
a. format the SD1 to fat32 (note N3ds's sd card can only be up to 32 gigs) the N3ds can support sdxc cards, so up to 2 terabytes potentially???? haha idk... but i had it working with a 64 gig. just make sure the internal one is fat 32
b. UPDATED: copy launcher.dat file to SD1
c. you are now done with SD1 - you can now insert that into your N3ds.
d. Get your SD2 - insert into computer and format into exfat.
d(a) put in your bigbluemenu.3ds into the root of the sd2 card.
d(b) you can also put your 3ds roms in the root folder of this card
e. take the SD2 card and insert into your red gateway cart, but do not insert that cart in the 3ds yet

Step 4 - Cubic Ninja exploit
a. You should now have the SD1 in the 3ds with whatever files you want, and insert cubic ninja into the 3ds.
b. start the game -> go to create -> QR Code -> Scan QR code -> and scan this image that coincides with your 3ds.

Cubic QR code for EUR and US New 3DS

Cubic QR code for JAP New 3DS

c. If you did everything correctly, it should show the gateway menu.

Step 5 - in the gateway menu - if you have backed up your nand, go to step d.
a. Backup NAND!!!!!!!!!
b. Make sure you backed up the NAND
c. backup nand, if you haven't already
d. format emunand
e. You are free to go into the gateway menu or gateway classic menu

Step 6 - ROMS and installing bigbluemenu and other cia files
a. to play a rom, you insert the 3ds file onto the root of SD2 card (this is the one that goes into gateway)
a(a) - to install bigbluemenu, put bigbluemenu.3ds into the root of SD2 card.
a(b) - turn off console and take the sd1 Card out of the 3ds and insert to computer
a(c) - put in all your cia files to the root of the SD1 card - including bigbluemenu.cia
a(d) - insert sd1 card back into 3ds
b. run the cubic ninja exploit to get into gateway menu.
c. take out cubic ninja and insert red gateway cart with the sd2 card in it and all your files that you want.

Step 7 - INSTALLING CIA's and bigbluemenu - playing roms
a. enter into gateway mode
b. press the select button to pull up 3ds roms
c. you should see all your games as well as something called title manager or something like that.
d. open the bigbluemenu or whatever it is called
e. Now it should look like a bunch of information on the top screen and 4 menus on the bottom screen.
"program" - "SDMC" - "HIO" - "ExtData" ------ only the first two matter for us right now
f. go to "SDMC" and you should see all the files of the SD1 card including cia's
g. Scroll down to the very bottom until you see the file you want to install or "import"
g(a) scroll down to bigbluemenu.cia
g(b) select "a" to import and this will install it onto your system.
h. Install other cia's by scrolling down to them -> hit import
h(a). You can also hit import all by pressing the (trigger buttons) L + R AND "A"
h(b) likewise, after you have installed all the cia's you can delete all by pressing L + R AND "X"
i. you have successfully installed cia's onto your system and are free to play them.
i(a) to get out of bigbluemenu, i just turn it off, on, exploit, gateway menu - and for new installs, you will have to "open the package"

STEP 8 - ENJOY!!!!!!!

STEP 9 - backup - > LINK1 Link2

---------------------------------
Am i headed in the right direction? Can you guys help me update with steps so i know what im doing. There are a few videos that i am watching to get help, but i need to be able to read and understand it myself.

Thanks guys! I will update this when i get more info

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I finally got my Gateway today. Is this still a good and/or the best guide to get me started? I haven't seen any replies or anything newer I should be aware of?

I have:
a. a new 3ds with 9.0
b. gateway
c. cubic ninja
d. 64 and 16 GB microSD cards

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I got as far as step 4.b but after scanning the code it went to a black screens. The only way to get out of it is to power the system off. I think the issue might be is I had the 3.2 launcher.dat on my internal (SD1 per this guide) card but used the QR code in this thread which is for 3.1.1? Now every time I launch CN and select Scan QR code it just takes me to the black screens.

Help please! :unsure:

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Update: formatted the 3ds using the system menu but still the same problem after clicking create QR in CN sends the system to black screens. I'm out of ideas, am I hooped? :(

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Update: Okay, it looks like the internal SD card wasn't formatted properly. Once I got it set to primary partition, fat32, 32kb size it is now launching. Thanks anyway!

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM