PS1/2 I need a PS2 CodeBreaker save file (please help)

ARCBUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So... I've run out of games to play. I can't sit and do nothing. If I do that, I'll probably go insane. Quite literally.

Here's the situation... a couple of years ago my old fat PS3 got the YLOD and it pretty much had ALL of my PS2 data on it. Including my CodeBreaker codes that I had put in manually. Getting help to get that data back didn't work. The only data I got back was my PS3 data.

I need help here. I need a PS2 CodeBreaker save file with up-to-date codes. Because putting in all of the codes back in manually is a pain in the ass. There has to be an easier way. There just has to.

Can someone help me out here? I'd really appreciate it and would be eternally grateful to anyone who helps me.

So... please help me. I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey I found your post about this on kametsu. Anyway search in Google "codebreaker day 1 download" it'll be the first link on the page. You should be able to add as many as you like into your new Codebreaker save file.

{Edit}
Is it okay to link to here?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Codebreaker-settings-file-w-Day-1-s

Not sure if PAL version though.

ARCBUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I found your post about this on kametsu. Anyway search in Google "codebreaker day 1 download" it'll be the first link on the page. You should be able to add as many as you like into your new Codebreaker save file.

{Edit}
Is it okay to link to here?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Codebreaker-settings-file-w-Day-1-s

Not sure if PAL version though.

Thank you.

But... how am I supposed to get it to my PS2 CodeBreaker? From what I've read... the PS2 can not read USB Flash Drives.

ARCBUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Codebreaker software can read flash drives to backup and restore save files and load those day-1 files. At least that's what I did with my Codebreaker.

Okay... but how?

I've tried many methods but nothing seems to work.

I've had a USB Flash Drive inserted into my PS2 with Day 1 files but it doesn't detect the files. I just says "Device not insert. Please insert device and press X"

ARCBUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to find a flash drive that works with your PS2. I had to try a few before I found one that was compatible. Try one that's 2GB or less and formatted to FAT16.

I found one that worked actually.

Do you know of a way to create custom Day 1 files that my CodeBreaker Version 8 will recognize?

I found a method using Google but it's not working for me. It's not detecting the custom .cbc file made using the method I found on Google.

Method I'm using:

http://gideond.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/codebreaker-tools-for-the-ps2/

ARCBUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the double post, however, the issue has been resolved.

A similar thread I created on the PS2 boards on GameFAQs resulted in someone giving me a link that pretty much allowed me to import a custom Sonic Unleashed Day 1 thing last night.

Here's the link for anyone curious or having the same problem I had:

http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/playstation.htm

I appreciate the help you gave me though.

So thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1