Gaming I need a Persona expert.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help please there are a lot of Persona games and idk which ones to honestly get. Alrighty here we go so here are the games I found.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

I feel like Shin Megami Tensei is more story related so I am definitely "buying" that and all of it's prequels. Would it be a good idea to get the other Shin Megami Tensei Persona games all the way from PSX and play them in order? Even if they don't follow a game to game storyline?

So what is Arena and Arena Ultimax? Which one should I get and does it also have a story mode? Thanks I am excited to start playing these games!

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone help please there are a lot of Persona games and idk which ones to honestly get. Alrighty here we go so here are the games I found.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

I feel like Shin Megami Tensei is more story related so I am definitely "buying" that and all of it's prequels. Would it be a good idea to get the other Shin Megami Tensei Persona games all the way from PSX and play them in order? Even if they don't follow a game to game storyline?

So what is Arena and Arena Ultimax? Which one should I get and does it also have a story mode? Thanks I am excited to start playing these games!
IIRC p4A/p4aU are fighting games and not related to p4

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okey, let me explain since Ive been in the same boat as you.

They all got story in then. This is the following apparently.

Persona 4 (golden if you so wish)
Persona 4 Dance All Night

These are real spinoffs and has little to do with the main story.
Arena and Arena Ultimax. None of these expect Persona 4 is apparently needed to be played. Persona 4 Golden is the pinnical of the Persona 4 franchise (yes, I said Franchise about ONE game, sue me!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw, watch the Anime of both Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden. The "golden character" is less annoying in the Anime and a lot cuter.

Reactions: Chary and Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey, let me explain since Ive been in the same boat as you.

They all got story in then. This is the following apparently.

Persona 4 (golden if you so wish)
Persona 4 Dance All Night

These are real spinoffs and has little to do with the main story.
Arena and Arena Ultimax. None of these expect Persona 4 is apparently needed to be played. Persona 4 Golden is the pinnical of the Persona 4 franchise (yes, I said Franchise about ONE game, sue me!)

Thanks for explaining it all to me. When you say "These are real spinoffs..." you mean the list above or below?

Also I will watch the animes never knew they existed thanks.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, all of them are to be honest spinoffs. Spinoffs from the original series. But apparently Arena and Arena Ultimax is more... multiple character stories. Someone said to me to watch them on Youtube instead, especially since I suck at fighting games.

Dancing All Night continues directly when Persona 4 left off, but it's a rhytem game.
Oh yeah, and it's a Vita game so... yeah

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all of them are to be honest spinoffs. Spinoffs from the original series. But apparently Arena and Arena Ultimax is more... multiple character stories. Someone said to me to watch them on Youtube instead, especially since I suck at fighting games.

Dancing All Night continues directly when Persona 4 left off, but it's a rhytem game.
Oh yeah, and it's a Vita game so... yeah

Ok... You confused me hella more :rofl2:
Although thank you for telling me about the games themselves. Now I am just wondering from the first PSX game what order every game goes in.

@Chary @Red9419

Reactions: Red9419

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Although thank you for telling me about the games themselves. Now I am just wondering from the first PSX game what order every game goes in.
Well, the original series is Shin Megami Tensei, then Persona series is a spinoff from that formulla (as far as I know).
The Dancing All Night, Arena and Arena Ultimax is a spin-off from Persona 4.

Do you have Vita?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted-379826

So at least in terms of Persona 4.

You got the main game: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 on PS2. The definitive version would be Persona 4 Golden on the PS Vita.

Also on the Vita you have Persona 4 Dancing All Night. A rythm game spin-off.

On the PS3 you have both Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (spin-offs). They are both Persona fighting games with some type of story. Ultimax has better fighting and a *sequel* story to regular arena. Although ultimax has 10 dollar DLC that adds the story of the first game. So in conclusion it's the definitive version.

I mean Persona 4 Golden is my favourite game of all time. I can surely recommend it! GO FOR IT! :P

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Rise_Kujikawa here is the answer to that. There are 3 "main" female characters in the game. There have been a long standing battle that either you like Rise or Naoto.
I wouldn't know, i only played one shin megami tensei game and it had dante from devil may cry in it. That was it. I do have persona 4 arena and Golden but i didn't play it yet. (this was over 4 years ago i had this)) :ninja:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit! Rise is best girl! *Thank you everyone for the time being. I will now enjoy my ban* ;)

Reported for being WRONG (jk sorta kinda. Get 'im, mods)

Dunno if this was answered but I'll go ahead.

Persona 3, be it portable or FES has a slight, slight tie to Persona 4, as the games take place 3 years between each other.

Then you have persona 4, or persona 4 golden. Golden is just a refined version with some extra bonuses.

Then, you have arena, which has a story mode which takes place a few weeks after P4.

After that is Ultimax, which is a few months after P4.

Finally is Persona 4 Dancing all night, which is the final (for now) entry in the P4 franchise, as Persona 5 will soon take its place.

There's also the Persona 4 Animation, which is great, (should be watched first) and the Golden Animation (which is mediocre).

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't play the PS1 ones, they got PSP remakes. Persona 1 revelations, then 2 innocent sin. Then fan translated persona 2 eternal punishment. Then persona 3 (FES or portable) then persona 4 et all. Then persona 5.

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reported for being WRONG (jk sorta kinda. Get 'im, mods)

Dunno if this was answered but I'll go ahead.

Persona 3, be it portable or FES has a slight, slight tie to Persona 4, as the games take place 3 years between each other.

Then you have persona 4, or persona 4 golden. Golden is just a refined version with some extra bonuses.

Then, you have arena, which has a story mode which takes place a few weeks after P4.

After that is Ultimax, which is a few months after P4.

Finally is Persona 4 Dancing all night, which is the final (for now) entry in the P4 franchise, as Persona 5 will soon take its place.

There's also the Persona 4 Animation, which is great, (should be watched first) and the Golden Animation (which is mediocre).

Thanks that helped me a lot. So Persona 1 and 2 go straight to 3 no spinoffs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.