I need a link or something to fix this damn card!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MgARBITER, Mar 31, 2010.

1. MgARBITER
    OP

Newcomer MgARBITER Advanced Member

United States
    Okay. I posted about this before but no help. My bro has a Acekard2 version 2.1. Ive heard about the bad batch and i want to know wth is wrong with his card. It wont load, it wont save, it wont play games like Pet hamsters for Christ's sake. He bought it off of 0shippingzone and the irony is they dont list that card anymore. Suspicious. I think its a "Bad batch" card but if any one could please try to help me out this time. Im tired of him bugging the hell out of me to fix it. A link to a fix or news of a fix. Or will i have to tell him just get a new card. Professional answers please. Dont just post shit unless u know what u are talking about. No "Just buy a new card." Give me reason to then i will sure but back it up. Srry if i sound mean but im stressed out at the moment.

2. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Post dec-09 ak2 (v2.1) have a new chip in it and will work on official firmware 4.07 (old one, also some of the older AKAIO works).

The next AKAIO release will have these working! (look around in this section of the forum, I posted a couple of vids of one of these carts working, plus it has been confirmed over at akaio forum)

3. MgARBITER
    OP

United States
    At least yours is straight up thanks. So how can i be SURE i have a Bad Batch on my hands? Any way to tell exactly? Or maybe he bought a clone??

4. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well the post dec-09 batch with new chip in it freezes on green "loading" when launching a game in AKAIO 1.6 RC1 and RC2. [​IMG]

And on AKAIO 1.5.x it freezes when doing something with saves if you manage to launch a game in it.

Also if you're still unsure, put official software v4.07 on it and load up an oldish game on it, shoudl work fine.

5. MgARBITER
    OP

United States

Thats what it does! Soo all i have to do is wait...or tell my bro to wait. Thank you alchaholjunkie!!! You helped in only two post! I really appreciate it! I deem this thread complete!