I need a homebrew to delete wii saves from the NAND

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by duffmmann, Apr 19, 2013.

1. duffmmann
    OP

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ok, unusual problem here. My wii works fine for all aspects. Except one thing, somewhere along the way some sort of save got corrupted, don't know which game, but I do know it is one that I never access and/or it just doesn't affect the game when I boot it up. However, when I enter the Wii save management screen the Wii freezes and nothing loads no matter how long I wait, I can't move the pointer or go back or anything like that. Conversely, I can view the save data for Wii channels both on the Wii and SD card just fine. Furthermore I can use savegamemanger_gx to view all the saves on my wii. However, there is no option in savegamemanager_gx to delete saves in the Wii, only saves within an sd card or USB device.

To that end, I would like to know if anyone has a solution to delete data in my Wii with my extenuating circumstances? Could this be an implementation someone can make in savegamemanager_gx if someone has the know how? Or is there another homebrew app that can already do this that I'm not thinking about.

The reason I want to free up just a little bit of space (all channels I have are vital) is so I can access the VC games I have saved on my SD card. Yes I'm aware that I can use things like Triiforce (which I actually do), but I use the SD card menu as the place to store all available N64 games on the VC. Unfortunately I need to delete just a little bit more data (will delete old Guitar hero and Band Hero save files, as I use the EmuNAND to play all songs on Warriors of Rock, so these old save files are unnecesary and taking up considerable space (about 50 blocks each), and thats not DLC data, I have none of that on the NAND, thats the actual save file for those games).

So yeah any help would be deeply appreciated, and if you read all that, then surely you understand how there is no "other" solution for my issue, I need to be able to delete save files with no access to the Wii's save game manager.

Thanks!

2. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    i have a program that i made but it is very dangerous to use if you delete any system menu files i can give you a link if you would like to try it

3. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AnyTitle Deleter (make sure you get v1.1 by bushing) can delete essentially anything from your Wii, and is relatively safe (especially if you don't delete any system titles). Make sure to back up all your saves with save game manager, delete them all with AnyTitle Deleter, and then either put them back one by one until you find the bad save, or bisect the list until you find the bad save.

Bisect process (brief summary for this case if you have never heard of the general process):
    0. The list of saves to check is all the saves.
    1. If there is only one save in the list to check it is the bad one.
    2. Make sure that half the saves to check and no others are on the Wii. Check if everything works.
    3. If it does, the list of saves to check is those that weren't on the Wii. Go back to step 1.
    4. If it doesn't, the list of save to check is those that were on the Wii. Go back to step 1.

4. duffmmann
    OP

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Any title didn't work because I would get the error of can't return count -1 or something like that. Fortunately I found that Mod Wii totally worked, so my issue is actually resolved. Thanks for the advice though.