I need a good OGG converter.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by skullstatue, Feb 1, 2007.

Feb 1, 2007
  1. skullstatue
    OP

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    I've been using Nero 7 Ultra to encode my audio files, I used to have a GNU OGG converter but I deleted it believing Nero could do a better job. Unfortunately, Nero sounds terrible even at higher bit rates (64KB rate, sounds better than 128KB rate with Nero and I forgot it's name). I was just wandering if you guys knew of any good (and free) audio encoders.

2. party

Newcomer party Member

Germany
    If you want to encode .wav (or Monkeys Audio, LPAC, FLAC, WAVPACK and OptimFROG) to vorbis, and want something very easy to use get oggdropXPd from rarewares.org.

If you want something easy to (batch-)transcode mp3 (or LOTS of other formats) to vorbis I'd say winLAME is your best choice.

Personally, I'd love an oggdropXPd version with mp3 transcoding, but the author doesn't want to implement it [​IMG]

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Try this

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

You may have to download the extra converters to convert .ogg. It converts most music formats.

4. skullstatue
    OP

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Thank you guys, they work awesomely fantastic. I've been using Nero to convert to WAV and then using OggDrop to convert them. I have to say it wasn't working too well on songs with high amounts of bass (popping). Seems Nero is horrible at everything, thanks again.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Normally I would agree, nero is in danger of doing an MS on us all and everything it can do has been replicated or bettered using freeware apps.

Their AAC encoder (which moonshell can use if you demux the files and the only reason I can see such a post being in the g6 section) is probably the best around though.

As for the original post I use oggenc2 that comes with megui or one of the besweet GUIs (belight or behappy).