Gaming I need a easy and cute GBA game...

Mucuna

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, my girlfriend just bought a NDS Lite, but she still cant play very well "more complicated" games. Actually she just decided star playing videogames (dating a nerd, uh) and I am thinking about give to her a cute girlie GBA game that is easy but cool to play too, if exists something like that, so she can start practice for more complexes ones.

If I give her a too hard one I will disencourage her.
tongue.gif

Can anyone help me? Remember that she just started on videogames now.

Thank you!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Don't try kiddy games either. It'll feel like you're babying her... while some women like that, most don't. What worked for me was give her something with a easy learning curve and a meaningful story. Try an RPG or something.
biggrin.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Try an RPG or something.
biggrin.gif

Dude he said she dated nerds, not that she was a nerd.
lol sorry
biggrin.gif
but what I meant was give her something substancial rather than a dumb cutesy game. Puzzle games and mini-game compilations are good too but if you want to get her into gaming, try something with a story. (sorry RPGs came to mind since I don't think there's a decent Metal Gear in GBA afaik.)

Also, find something that she can play on her own after you've guided her for a bit. If she can't play it on her own, she won't get hooked or if she does get hooked but can't beat it, she'll make you play it, screwing up valuable time you could have spent on something else together.
biggrin.gif
(If you want to play games together, that's another case.)

Going old school can sometimes backfire because non-gamers usually get frustrated fast after dying to that stupid goomba.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any cute+girlie games out there that won't feel demeaning and meant for those in elementary school.

Your best bet for something that starts easy and ramps up gently, yet has a great amount of variety and fun probably would come from the likes of a Mario title, maybe a Pokemon game, and also Drill Dozer would fit well too. It's a shame you want to go very easy because there is an intermediate level kinda girl game out there called Lady Sia in which you play a blonde chick trying to save her land with magic and her sword in a side scrolling environment. Game is over the top detailed, very cartoon like, lush environments, and inventive...but it could be too hard or not I do not know.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
There aren't any cute+girlie games out there that won't feel demeaning and meant for those in elementary school.

Thanks. lol That was what I was trying to say, but I just couldn't phrase it well. (Which sucks in relationships btw.)
Go for a game that even you would play I guess, but not hardcore shit. Like I said, one with a nice easy learning curve.
(I know I'm not helping out at all by not giving any suggestions but sorry lol I don't know crap about GBA titles.)

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude Nintendogs!! It's a chick magnet. I can't believe none of you know that... But if you wanna go the GBA way try Dogz or Winx Club(or whatever its called). Zelda Minish Cap is also a good one for a girl, but then again its kinda complex...

alexp2_ad

Certified Smart Ass
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forget cute and girlie, go with Phoenix Wright for the DS.

An important thing for new gamers: it doesn't rely on established gaming skills like quick reaction times.

It has a good story line and some prominent female characters... like... um... Oldbag.

Seriously though, a story based, slow paced game is perfect to ease in a non gamer.

After that you could try getting ScummVM DS if you have a flash card and get her playing some of the classic adventure games like Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle.

rockpin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem with my girlfriend. She was totally new to videogames.
She has played yoshi's island, but it was difficult for her. Now, she's playing brain age, brain academy and harry potter and I think she will try the Minish Cap, as she saw me playing and liked it.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm my girlfriend likes Magnetica. New Super Mario bros and the minigames in New Super Mario bros. oh and Gba wise the new bit generations stuff seems to be good too. By the way she HATES Nintendogs. i was like here babe i put this game on my DS for you ..'she was like WTF is this shit' and laughed at me. Pff you try to do something good and this is how i get repayed.

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Metroid Zero Mission? I don't think it would eb too hard for a first time gamer. Or if it is, was there an easy mode or something? Been awhile since I played that.

Or you could give her Car Battler Joe. That's a really easy RPG-ish game.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If we're talking DS games, Phoenix Wright and Animal Crossing wins them. If in doubt, find games like these where it's almost impossible to lose.

Mucuna

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you all!

I thought that a GBA game would have easiers controls then DS. She already have brain academy. Maybe a plataform game to pratice the controls and quick answer as an introduction to games that demands more refinade comands.

I will choose one of yours recomendations and tell what happened for future reference, for someone with the same problem.

Once again, thanks guys!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans