Gaming I need a easy and cute GBA game...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh.

To anyone suggesting Yoshi's Island to a virgin gamer, you're off your rocker! The difficulty in World 1 is easy, and the game ramps up to being quite hard shortly thereafter - especially if you like collecting the 30 stars, 20 red coins and 5 flowers in each level. In some levels, keeping those 30 stars is enough to make you want to throw your GBA/DS on the floor, stomp all over it, and then throw the broken pieces one by one off a high building. That's one of the things that make it an amazing game, but also the reason why a virgin gamer wouldn't delve much farther into the world of games.

My girlfriend regularly steals my old DS, and she's playing New Super Mario Bros. & Brain Age - but for the Suduku puzzles as opposed to the rest of the content. She's given a few other games a look - she likes Trace Memory for example. On the GameCube, Mario Party is an enormous hit (I have them all), as is Soul Calibur II, any Mario sports title, Mario Kart, etc.

With most girls, you can't pander to them - they enjoy a different style of game than most males. Just because it looks cutesy with bright colours does not mean she'll be interested - there has to be a REASON to play it. Most girls aren't looking for something easy, they're looking for a game that's not pointless. You don't see many girls turning to your average FPS game, and that's because it's senseless/pointless, and most girls either don't want to waste their time with it, or don't see why you'd bother playing in the first place. Games to attract girls have to have a point, be interesting and engaging, and have the ability to either save a lot or have a vastly reduced amount of 'deaths'. The interest level wanes severly if there is continual dying without progress - the 'twitch gaming' is not as interesting as making progress. Run & fetch quests & mindless collection don't suit girls much either. She also probably won't want to learn to master 16 different buttons and 32 different combinations to pull off moves...the list goes on. Pay attention to what your girlfriend likes to watch you play.

Basically rule of thumb - don't treat her like an idiot. If you have a variety of games, simply offer them all to her and let her make her own choices. You'd probably be surprised at what she ends up really enjoying.

tgc_9013

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Girls really love pokémon games (the RPG's)
wink.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. It's cute, creative (unless you consider its just a remake of the original NES Kirby, but uit was creative then), and the difficulty is appropriate. I highly recommend this for what you need. For an NDS game, get her Animal Crossing. My wife is a junkie for that game.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for nds, why not that new peach game? or polarium, new mario bros, tetris ds, bomberman, mario 64 ds... don't know, most games from nintendo are usually pretty family-friendly... and anything that's family-friendly is female-friendly as well.

for gba, damn... if you're wondering which games to get her on gba, you're really lost dude. tetris, super bust a move, puyo pop (all those wierd puzzle games)... kirby like that dude just said, mario (2, 3 & world), dk - king of swing, gradius galaxies (to get her used to hand-eye coord), game & watch - gallery 4, warioware inc, & if you can get your hands on it, bit generations (orbital or soundvoyage will get them pretty worked up)...

a girl i'm talking to now asked me to get 'wonderboy' from sega onto my micro... i got it converted from gg to gba and i put it on her laptop but she wants it on my micro... it doesn't run when i put it on so whatever... but the point is some girls enjoy the classics... so re-introduce her to the 'new classics'.

Jaunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my gf hates video games for some reason and I'm not allowed to play around her
frown.gif
i forced her to play trauma center once, and i could tell she loved it, but later she pretended she didn't.... tricksy

Mucuna

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hehehe...
Well, thanks again all!

She really liked Yoshi Island and she is loving Zelda - A link to the Past ( Four Swords, but playing Link to the past)

And I am really proud of her! I am considereing borrow Zelda and play it again. It is a great game.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warioware twisted. My girlfriend will go on an on about it. She also likes mario kart. and Tetris. Nothing fancy or anything. and she isn't willing to try new things at all
frown.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Denki Blocks! the best puzzle game on the GBA...
You are mistaken, sir. "2-in-1: Dr Mario & Puzzle League" is the best puzzle on the GBA, specifically Puzzle League. Just like Pokémon Puzzle League is the best puzzle game on the n64, and Tetris Attack is the best puzzle game on the SNES.

Jhed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know many cutesy GBA games to recommend but I'll give it a shot.

If she likes sonic, Sonic Advance might be one for her to try.
The Pokemon RPGs are always fun (well, most of the time) and fairly easy (unless she has OCD and has to "catch them all").
I was gonna get that one Harvest Moon game because it looked easy (sometimes I just want a nice easy, relaxing game), but I never actually got it.

As for DS Games...

I have to recommend Nintendogs. I bought this game for one of my close friends (who is a girl) when she was home from college for the summer. She LOVED it. She really wants a DS now (not only for Nintendogs, but for Animal Crossing, Zoo Tycoon and others)
Some of my other female friends really liked the New Super Mario Bros.
My mom actually bought Brain Age for herself when she bought me my DS Lite for my birthday. I think most people enjoy Brain Age.

If you have Tetris DS, let her try it out. If she likes it, she's a keeper in my book
wink.gif

Tetris was the very first gameboy game I played on my original (huge) gameboy all those years ago (I still have the gameboy in fact). I think it came bundled with it, but I have loved Tetris ever since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P