WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm looking for a disturbing movie. Me and my wife a looking for something good that will really unnerve us. A couple of things though.

First: No real video footage. No "Faces Of Death" and no "Cannibal Holocaust." We're looking for a full on movie. (i bring up Can. Hol. because they actually kill animals for some of the effects).

Second: IF POSSIBLE, no needle torture. I dig the hell out of it, but thats the one thing my wife can't watch. We recently saw Audition, and i LOVED the hell out of it, but she couldn't watch the last 1/3 of the movie due to her fear of needles.

We've seen the Saw series (we watched #4 in the theater on our honeymoon... aww... shitty movie
tongue.gif
) and other "popular" freak fests.

So far, I'm enjoying Miike's work, and i have yet to see Ichi The Killer (but that will be soon), but for now, if i could get a good collection of weird, disturbing, whatever movies that will get under my skin, i'd greatly appreciate it!

(Audition and Imprint, two of Miike's films are the only movies in YEARS that have made me feel "just not right," and thats saying a lot for what i watch
wink.gif
)

I HAVE FAITH IN THE SICK GBATEMPERS OUT THERE
wink.gif

Thanks guys (and gals!)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
Hostel. Nuff said.

Hostel is nothing. Hostel was a date movie for me and my girlfriend (now my wife) and as we walked out of that, she looked at me and said "Wow, i was really hoping for that to be gorier." I wished i had a ring in my pocket at that moment.

I enjoyed Hostel for what it was (party into disaster), and Hostel 2 was an AMAZING follow-up. But yea, thats still too much of a pop movie for us.

To All: When i say about needing a good movie, we've seen all the popular "wrong turn" movies (hills have eyes, turistas, 2001 Maniacs, Wolf Creek, etc etc, Hostel even is to an extent), and a bunch of other random flicks (the saw series, Hatchet

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoneMonkey said:
Transvestite t****** Train Vol 5

you will never sleep again

Wow... just... wow. I now understand why you are THE BoneMonkey.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(matriculated @ May 8 2008, 01:43 PM) Tetsuo the Iron Man?

Not familiar with that one. However any time i hear that name, all i can think is,
TEEEEETTTTTTSSUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But i'll take a gander
smile.gif
Thanks!

EDIT: Just IMDB'd tetsuo, and that does sound VERY interesting. I'll be looking into that.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend was telling me about "Wizard of Gore," but I have yet to see it.

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but is has gore.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If foreign films don't bother you, watch "13 Tzameti".
It's not *very* gory, but the situation in which the hero is thrown is pretty disturbing. Plus, it's in black and white, so when the atmosphere is heavy, you'll feel it.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a movie I saw years ago and it is soooo disturbing, I haven't been able to wash it's "disgusting-ness " off of me since. The movie "8mm" with Nicolas Cage puts the "D" in disturbing.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, maybe you could like Visitor Q, there's minimal gore, but it makes you feel very awkward.
The film follow a Japanese family where everybody is just as fucked up as the other, the movie start strong with a scene between the Father and the Daughter. And it's carry on and get even more wicker.

Like I said, there's almost no gore, but, the social environment in which the movie evolve makes you feel very wrong.
Disturbing is quite the word for that movie.

We could say that film is mentaly gore.
smile.gif

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Murder-Set-Pieces is the goriest film I have ever seen! Buckets o' blood, corpse chomping, and nude babes a plenty!

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
matriculated said:
Tetsuo the Iron Man?

Not familiar with that one. However any time i hear that name, all i can think is,

But i'll take a gander
smile.gif
Thanks!

EDIT: Just IMDB'd tetsuo, and that does sound VERY interesting. I'll be looking into that.

Yeah, it's nothing like Akira.
smile.gif
Also, it's black and white and quite old so you may or may not like it... I didn't but I'm not into torture movies. I was just curious.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dingler said:
Murder-Set-Pieces is the goriest film I have ever seen! Buckets o' blood, corpse chomping, and nude babes a plenty!

I saw MSP when it was on On Demand, and it was hacked to shit and back. A lot of the gore was removed, and it made it almost unwatchable. I want to check out the Unrated version to see what was missed. It *was* an interesting premise, even if those scenes were cut out.

matriculated said:
WildWon said:
QUOTE(matriculated @ May 8 2008, 01:43 PM) Tetsuo the Iron Man?

But i'll take a gander
smile.gif
Thanks!

Yeah, it's nothing like Akira.
smile.gif
Also, it's black and white and quite old so you may or may not like it... I didn't but I'm not into torture movies. I was just curious.

Yea, i looked at it, and i'll definitely be checking it out!

residentskitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impinkspam said:
men behind the sun

i second "men behind the sun"

i have never been able to shake the images from this movie, especially knowing that its based on true events. but this might fall into the same genre as cannibal holocaust for you as there is one scene where they actually throw a cat into a room full of rats and its torn to bits. some versions have this scene cut out though.

the sickest part for me is the smiling little boy that they dissect alive. or the people they make stick their hands/arms into liquid nitrogen which they then shatter.

us humans are some sick creatures.

--
short list of other films to check out include:

-august underground
-Combat shock
-Battle Royale
-oldboy
-cube trilogy

BUT by far the most disturbing movie i have seen possibly in my entire life is
-ZEITGEIST
which you can watch for free in full by clicking here
there is also a legal .torrent link available here
sit past the (lengthy) intro and prepare to have your world rocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s