Hacking I need a device that will backup my original gba games

Krio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been looking into the ez-flash advance usb 256 but i cant find it anywhere other than it's original site for a whopping 130 bucks. I wanted to know if there was something that could perform the same function of connecting my gameboy or my cartridge to my computer and be able to backup/rewrite the save file on it for a much cheeper price. I am not really looking for a flash cart to emulate, all i need is to be able to backup and write saves from my pc/gameboy to my gameboy/pc

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how cheap used DS/DSLs are anymore, they're your best bet. There are kits for connecting your GBA to USB and dumping your cartridges that way, but good luck finding one at a decent price.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i dont have a ds :/ You guys have anything that will work with the plain gameboy?
I can't think of anything that'd be cheaper than buying an old pre-owned DS. ;) Essentially you'd have to construct your own GBA dumper (schematics available online) using an Arduino, a Raspberry Pi or any of the cheap microcomputer boards to avoid excessive hassle or you'd have to be lucky enough to find one of the really old dumpers online, but you're likely to pay a premium price for one of those. Most people just use a DS - I'd go for that myself.

Reactions: TecXero

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your cheapest option would be a used original DS phat model. Probably around $20. If you can't afford that, and you can't afford some cheap r4 flashcard, then there's no point in looking any further for a solution. All others are far more expensive.

Krio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't think of anything that'd be cheaper than buying an old pre-owned DS. ;) Essentially you'd have to construct your own GBA dumper (schematics available online) using an Arduino, a Raspberry Pi or any of the cheap microcomputer boards to avoid excessive hassle or you'd have to be lucky enough to find one of the really old dumpers online, but you're likely to pay a premium price for one of those. Most people just use a DS - I'd go for that myself.

Where can I find schematics for an audrino and a pi? I have access to both, also how would I connect my gba to it O.o

Flavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into the ez-flash advance usb 256 but i cant find it anywhere other than it's original site for a whopping 130 bucks. I wanted to know if there was something that could perform the same function of connecting my gameboy or my cartridge to my computer and be able to backup/rewrite the save file on it for a much cheeper price. I am not really looking for a flash cart to emulate, all i need is to be able to backup and write saves from my pc/gameboy to my gameboy/pc

Assuming you mean GBA, you can do it with this. You'll probably want to run the software in a virtual machine running Windows XP, but it's not difficult.
http://www.flashmasta.com/purchase/...me-bundle-gameboy-advance-flash-carts-linker/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM