I need a 2-slot flash card for GBA games only on a DSL

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by jmido, Mar 6, 2010.

1. jmido
    OP

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Hey, I have an acekard 2i for my DSL but i'm looking for a flash card that'll play GBA games and let me trade between the acekard 2i and the 2-slot GBA flashcard.

Also, is it possible to import GBA game saves from an emulator on my computer to the GBA flashcard once I get it?

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
  3. jmido
    OP

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, I don't understand what VBA is though? Will I need to convert the save types or anything? Or just transfer them to the flash card?

4. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    VBA = virtual boy advance. The gba emulator for the pc.

5. jmido
    OP

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    oh okay thanks. Also, i'm trying to buy it off 0shippingshippingzone but it doesn't seem to come with a memory card or card reader. Will I be able to use the same card reader as my acekard 2i and what kind of memory card do I need to purchase for the 3in1?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sure I don't waste money on un-necessary/non compatible items.

6. thegame07

Oct 16, 2006
    The 3 in 1 has internal memory, no memory card needed.

7. jmido
    OP

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    One last question, you said the saves are compatible with VBA but what about No$GBA?

8. thegame07

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm not sure but you will be able to convert them anyway.

9. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    you have to change the save format to raw or you can't change back and forth.

10. jmido
    OP

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I dont understand, is raw a format type like .raw? Right now i'm using No$GBA to play pokemon fire red and it's saving the game with .sav file types.

11. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    .raw is a file extension name. Think about word processing programs (I'll pick on Word). You can make a document and can save it in .txt, .rtf or .doc. If I have a program that can't read .doc file's, I'm screwed. Same thing with computer emulators. They might save gave saves in a special format that the other emulators or the real cartridge can't read. Saving it in a "raw format" will let you copy the save from your emulators to your Slot2 cartridge.