I modded my switch and I can't dock it.

Geo2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I modded my switch and I wanted to play in dock mode. When i put the switch into the dock no image apeard on the screen.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, it’s more likely the port is damaged, either in the Switch or on the dock. Can be tricky to get a good high quality pic of the inside of the port with good lighting, but can you try? I want to be able to see the pins…

I’ll assume you docked it after HOS was already running…

Geo2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
To be fair, it’s more likely the port is damaged, either in the Switch or on the dock. Can be tricky to get a good high quality pic of the inside of the port with good lighting, but can you try? I want to be able to see the pins…
The problem is the switch. The other switch i have works with this dock

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the switch. The other switch i have works with this dock
Ok then, get a good look inside of the port with a high-res camera. Since you have another Switch, compare the two. Any pins that look even slightly higher could indicate damage (use a sewing needle or something to push down on it to see if it’s loose…)

Geo2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok then, get a good look inside of the port with a high-res camera. Since you have another Switch, compare the two. Any pins that look even slightly higher could indicate damage (use a sewing needle or something to push down on it to see if it’s loose…)
Sorry, but i dont know much about this. where are the pins located?

Geo2007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is the best i could do

EDIT: the right one is the modded switch

Attachments

• portswitch.jpg
    portswitch.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 30

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the best i could do

EDIT: the right one is the modded switch
Well, you should angle the camera when you take the pic, and try to get both sides of the middle piece (take 2 pics), but already it seems that one of those pics is not like the other…

Like I said, it’s hard to get a good pic. Not only does it need to be at an angle, but you need to get some light in there, so we can see better. Still a good chance the socket is damaged, but I couldn’t say for sure with that pic. TBH, you need a digital microscope to get a good pic.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)