I missed a few days... AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Scott Pilgrim, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Scott Pilgrim
    OP

Scott Pilgrim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    So for no reason whatsoever I didn't keep up with Gbatemp these last days (maybe some weeks) and I just log in and... What the hell?!
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what is happening. I heard about some brazilian guys... About RedNAND... About playing games from external HDDs instead of SD cards...
    Can someone please tell me what is happening and the tutorials to follow in order to have this sweet sweet new improvements? Thank you very much in advance.

BTW, this has something to do with the Switch announcement or is just a coincidence?

EDIT: my WiiU is a 5.5.1 EUR one, in case that is somehow relevant

2. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    It's pretty easy...HOWEVER, there is a downside (or two)...it's not region free like Loadiine...and nowhere near as many games available...HOWEVER, you do not have to deal with 25GB WUD files and ONLINE WORKS! :)

Scott Pilgrim likes this.
  3. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
  4. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I got my Vita running Henkaku and played around with that.....accidentally discovered this new method of loading games. I have several links in my browser history for gbatemp....easy access to 3DS forum, Wii U forum and Vita forum....accidentally clicked on the Wii U one when I meant to go to Vita one...imagine the shock I was in when I saw that post about loading games off USB...COMPLETE shocker for me!

XRaTiX and memomo like this.
  5. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Yeah, some Brazilian group released a method that allows you to modify the ticket signature for game dumps, and allows you to install them to an HDD using WUPInstaller.

The redNAND thing is not yet ready for public use. It is hard to set up, requires a 64GB+ SD Card and, above all, has not been adequately tested and can result in a brick if you aren't careful with it. When it is actually ready for public use, you will know. ;)

6. Scott Pilgrim
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Ok, at least it exists and it has some downsides... Thank you!
    Thanks for the info! I will check it out in a moment. But RedNAND is really out right now? Awesome! By the way, what is that OTP thing that is around? It reminds me to A9HL (3DS).

Hahaha it would really weird to go around town with a Vita with and a HDD:rofl2:

Ok so I won't do anything with redNAND at the moment. Thank you for the heads up, sir! So the brazilean guys are the ones responsible of booting the games with an HDD... Now I'm beginning to understand everything (thank God!).

CreeperMario likes this.
  7. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I'd rather deal with a Vita with a hard drive connected than those ****ing expensive memory cards....those are a RIP OFF!!!

digipimp75 likes this.
  8. Scott Pilgrim
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    I don't have a Vita so I can't really tell, but yes, they look really annoying

9. avfctom

avfctom Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    Tell me about it, this is why the Vita died like who wants to pay £45 for 16GB....

10. ScienceBETCH

ScienceBETCH GBATemp's (Un)Official Science

Oct 15, 2016
    Turkey
    Ich Bin Jeff
    A modded wup installer with a method to install games got released and looks like somebody released an uncomplete brickfull redNAND
    ur welcome

Last edited by ScienceBETCH, Oct 22, 2016
  11. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    So RedNAND is the IOSU we've been waiting for?

12. ScienceBETCH

ScienceBETCH GBATemp's (Un)Official Science

Oct 15, 2016
    Turkey
    Ich Bin Jeff
    as i understood...

probably yes

replicashooter likes this.
  13. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Well that is an interesting development, once the full version is released and if the GBATemp admins decide to run it it would be nice to see them offering a fund we can contribute to in order to encourage the development of emulators and whatnot:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/would-you-contribute-to-devs-for-emulators.445260/page-2

Warez are a tad meh after a while but I believe the Wii U has the potential to become THE all in one machine on the emulation front, something even better than the old Wii or OG Xbox combined.