I messed up one of my New 3DS XLs

Holiday_Ougi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Need some help for this mess I made with one of my New 3DS XLs. Basically, the cartdrige reader is not working. I tried first some contact cleaner with a qtip and it didn't help, so I tried to spray a bit inside it. Bad idea, I know. Anyhow, it got to the top LCD and it made some black spots. So that's when I thought "Ok nice, i broke the LCD". And I thought that was that. I went to sleep, leaving the console open, completely still. Woke up this morning and I noticed the black spots have moved by a lot, and parts that were black before were now working again. So now I'm thinking, is there someway to salvage this? (I could also just wait to see if it moves any further)

this is how it was yesterday evening

1212.jpg
12121.jpg

this is how it looks now

unknown.png

worth noting that it's visible even when turned off

unknown.png

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This type of defect is pretty common in lcd panels. Get a replacement panel, because those black spots won't simply go away

Holiday_Ougi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This type of defect is pretty common in lcd panels. Get a replacement panel, because those black spots won't simply go away
I am aware that they appear when the LCD gets cracked or dropped, but this is the first time I've seen those spots move with time. If you compare the yesterday pictures and the one I made this morning, several pixels "came back to life". And right now they changed a little bit still from how they were in the picture

Holiday_Ougi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update on the whole thing. It's not the LCD. I can see behind the black spots if I move the console. Must be the lens

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you leave your 3DS in a hot environment with the sun shining directly on the lens, the droplets will evaporate/dry up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay