I got my wiikey in the mail today from modchipstore.com, took it over to my parent's house (they have soldering tools there), and crack open my Wii. My mom demands that I let her do it as she has plenty of soldering experience. She does a quicksolder and it doesn't run any of my backups (burned on Maxell DVD-R's at 4x using imgburn and a samsung SH182 burner). It'll run original copies, so at least it's not busted. She makes sure all the joints are good and I try again, and again it doesn't work. So we take the wiikey off and in the process remove 3 pads from the wiikey and 2 from the wii. I give up for a bit and decide to do more research. I then try to do a wire install connecting the legs of the chips, and that doesn't work. In the process I also get too much solder on the chip on the wii and spend a good hour trying to clean up that mess. The wire install doesn't work. I fully remove the wiikey, put my wii back together, and now the auto disc loader mechanism doesn't work so I have to shove my games in there to get them to load, and when I hit eject the disc just shoots out instead of stopping half way out of the slot. I'm kind of pissed, I know that if I would've just did the wire method myself in the first place, it would've worked just fine. But because the pads were lifted and I tried to solder directly to the chips, smudging soldering all over, I shorted something out. BAH!