I messed up my backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by JoNo216, Sep 15, 2010.

Sep 15, 2010

I messed up my backup loader by JoNo216 at 5:39 AM (981 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JoNo216
    OP

Newcomer JoNo216 Newbie

United States
    I was desperately trying to play Metroid other M (baby's cry problem) so I was messing around with new loaders and new cIOSes.

Now I can't seem to load up any games in any loader and I'm wondering what the best course of action may be for me at this point.

Normally I would rely on my NAND backup but it seems to have disappeared on me which sucks.
    Regardless, I am running 4.0U, as far as what cIOS I have installed and using I can't tell because I get errors while trying to run a SysCheck through DOP-Mii.

Would it be worthwhile to actually do a normal Nintendo System update and have it wipe everything and I just re hack it from there? I will do that if I have to, but I am coming here for a better alternative.

Thanks for the help!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can use modmii from my signature, use it to rehack your Wii as if it were a virgin

3. JoNo216
    OP

Newcomer JoNo216 Newbie

United States
    I was just using uLoader after I ran through all the steps your program made for me, WHICH IS AWESOME BTW GREAT JOB ON THAT! And I got the error Disc ID not equal then it sent me back to the HBC. All the other loaders I have tried seem to just freeze, or not display the disc to click on to actually play a backup.
    any ideas?

4. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Well, I'm running fine on USB HDD's without any issues, even with Other M. I'm on cIOS56rev20 on slot 249, with a system menu 4.0. The game also ran with cIOS38rev17 for me. Wiiflow and CFG both succeeded in running the game.

Maybe you have a bad version?

5. dottor_male

Member dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    The baby cry error is due to a bad dump, if I'm correct.

6. JoNo216
    OP

Newcomer JoNo216 Newbie

United States
    I even had the baby cry problem ripping it straight from the disc.
    However I can't play any backups anymore currently, I will check my versions, but I believe I am running cIOS38rev17 with 249 currently. fresh install with with the modmii app.